Chapter 19

Frank couldn't sleep.

He was cold, and he didn't feel safe here, in the middle of the forest. Probably because of all the horror movies he watched. Frank wasn't the easily-scared kind of person, but he couldn't deny that a forest was a scary place at night, especially when he was far away from everything, and far away from civilization.

He was sleeping on his own, in one side of the tree house, Gerard was sleeping on the opposite and he had the sleeping bag. He did ask to Frank if he wanted it, but the younger boy refused. So now, he was wearing Gerard's jacket as a blanket, and he was freezing to death.
Adventures were cool, but sometimes, a good warm bed was even better.
Frank sighed and accidentally sneezed.

He heard Gerard move and he froze.
Was he awake ?

Gerard slowly turned around and asked with a sleepy voice -which was kind of adorable, let's be honest. "You awake ?"

Frank sat and put his legs up against his chest "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you up"

Gerard sat as well. Frank couldn't help but notice how far away they were from each other. The hut wasn't that big, but they seemed miles away from each other, and for some reason, Frank kinda felt bad about it,and quite frustrated. But maybe it was just because Gerard was the only other human which was around, it's in the human nature to look for company, right ?

"It's okay Frank." he replied while rubbing his eyes "Why don't you sleep ?"

Frank bit his lip ring, it was a habit of his. He was looking at the ground, he coughed and put his hoodie up in the hope of warming himself a little bit. "Can't sleep. I'm too freaking cold."

Gerard smiled and shook his head "Ugh. I knew you should have taken this fucking sleeping bag. You want it? "

Frank wanted to say yes, but he wasn't a bastard, not totally. Gerard would be cold as well if he took it away from him, plus he already gave him his jacket. He shook his head
"Nah, don't worry, I'm okay. Thanks."

Gerard raised an eyebrow, not convinced "Are you sure ? It doesn't bother me, you know."

Frank hesitated a second. Fuck it, he was too cold. "Well, okay, if you insist... "

Gerard stood up and gave him the sleeping bag, then he went back in his side of the hut. Frank felt disappointed. Even tho he couldn't admit it, he kinda wished Gerard would have stayed with him, well, at least, next to him. Because he felt lonely, besides, he didn't felt really safe on his own.

The sleeping bag was warm tho, and it smelled good. It smelled just like Gerard. Frank closed his eyes. His heart was racing because he was struggling to decide whether he should ask Gerard to sleep next to him or not. He didn't want to make things awkward between them, but it wasn't as if he asked him to hug him or anything.

He took a deep breath and weakly asked 

"Gerard?"

"Mhh?"

"Huhh... Aren't you.. scared?"

Gerard laughed "Scared of what ?"

Frank rolled his eyes, his pride's hurt  "I don't know, wild animals...murderers, psychopaths, that kind of funny things."

The older boy replied with an amused tone "Are you ?"

Frank sighed. He was usually a guy who was very attached to his pride, but at the very moment, he gave up on it. "Maybe..."

Gerard waited a few seconds before to ask with a light laugh
"Aw, how cute. You want me to join you ?"

Frank blushed like hell and he was very glad it was night so that Gerard couldn't see his face. He frowned  "Stop making fun of me, you jerk."

"I'm not"

Frank opened his eyes. His heart was beating faster in his chest.

"Uhh...yeah, I mean, if you want to" Frank answered, trying his best not to show how embarrassed he was right now. 

As he heard Gerard stand up, he felt like dying, the blood was rushing to his head and he was biting hard on his lip. He wondered why he was that nervous or embarrassed. He never felt that awkward before, well,maybe except that time his mother walked into his room while he was jerking off, yeah, that was a pretty awkward one.

Frank was confused, Gerard was making him nervous. All the time. Gerard was making him feel weird.

The nineteen years old laid down behind him and Frank felt like he was paralyzed. He couldn't move or talk. Especially not turn around. He felt Gerard's heat, even though he wasn't touching him, and he smelled his scent.Frank didn't know why he liked this smell so much, but he could breathe it all day long if he could, not that he wanted to look like a psycho

His heart skipped a beat when he suddenly felt Gerard's head against his neck. He didn't say anything, neither as Gerard. Frank could feel his breath against his skin, and somehow, it made him shiver. He tried to calm down. It was just Gerard after all, a guy he barely knew, he had no reason to get so emotional about it, it was weird. He really needed to stop thinking that much. It was tiring.
So he closed his eyes and a few minutes later, they both fall asleep 

The next morning, Gerard woke up first. When he opened his eyes, Frank was curled up against him, his head against his chest. Gerard smiled. He couldn't deny that Frank looked adorable like that. So peaceful but also so fragile, so young.

He didn't want to hurt him
He didn't want the story to repeat itself.

He sighed and gently stroke Frank's hair for a little while. He knew that he couldn't have done such a thing if he was awake, Frank wasn't a touchy-feely kind of guy, and usually, neither as Gerard.

Gerard looked at him, silently, then he murmured

"I'm sorry"

He stood up, slowly and quietly because he didn't want to wake him up,then, he took his backpack. He was looking for his jacket but when he turned around, he realized it was still on Frank. He decided to live it to him.

He looked one last time at the seventeen years old and smiled

Then, he left.