Chapter 3

The principal's office was way too familiar to Frank. 

In fact, he was feeling like he was spending way too much time in this room. 

One day it was because of his clothes, another day it was because "smoking in the toilets was forbidden" And today, it was because of this stupid little fight. They weren't even bothering anybody ! 

Kids were fighting in the corridors everyday, it was almost a normal thing in Belleville's High School. But Frank suspected the Principal to have a particular thing against him. It was mutual though.

The Principal lectured Frank and Aiden and after about fifteen useless and endless minutes, he released them, with of course 2 hours of detention. 

Great.

Frank frowned when he saw Mikey, leaned against the wall outside the principal's office

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I.. Someone told me you went to the principal's office, I just wanted to make sure you were okay.." he answered shyly

Frank crossed his arms and asked him "Who told you that ? " 

Mikey blushed a little "A friend of yours"

"Bullshit. I don't have any friend" Frank laughed

Mikey sighed and looked down, embarrassed "Ok, fine... I followed you"

Frank rolled his eyes, shoved his hands in the pockets of his hoodie and began to walk, passing Mikey

"Where are you going ?" Mikey asked 

 "Shouldn't you be in class, Mikey ?"

"Yeah bu-"

"Go back to class then."

Mikey followed Frank "Shouldn't you be in class ?"

"I should" 

Mikey raised an eyebrow and asked for the second time "Then, where are you going ?"  

"Home" 

"Wait !" Mikey ran to catch him and grabbed his arm, Frank stopped and turn around to face Mikey

"What ?" he snapped harshly

Mikey seemed embarrassed. He took a deep breath and said "Can I come with you ? Please, I had a bad day so far and I don't wanna go back to class, you were right,  people here are complete assholes." 

Frank smiled "I didn't say assholes." 

"Whatever." He sighed "Please, Frank." 

Frank licked his lips "It's not that I don't want to, but, you know, I don't want to be in trouble for having a bad influence on you, besides, my house isn't really clean and I-"

"We can go to my house then ! And this way, you could help me finish unboxing!" 

Good job Frank. You idiot. Never be nice again.

Frank was stuck. He promised his mother, plus Mikey was currently looking at him like a lost puppy.

"Ok, fine." he sighed

"Yay ! Thanks !" 

Frank closed his eyes, he was regretting already.