Chapter 30

Xavier's POV.

I feel her lips come and go from mine way to quickly, her innocent smile brighter than the sun as she glanced at the diner then back to me. My eyes narrow and the shock lifts and soon the ache of disappointment appear. However, her smiling electric blue eyes beam at me, as if she didn't know she committed a crime.

"Is that it?" I whisper, my lip lifting up slightly as her head slips to the side, reminding me of what a pup she could really be. Her electric blue eyes slowly light, her lips twitching into a small mischievous grin. Her eyes ran over my features ever so slowly, and as a look of concentration took over her features, she bit the bottom of her lip. 

I couldn't help but love the quick fire that was set alight as she looked at me like that, the way my heart jumped for her all while lust clouded my eyes.

"You want more?" She asks, knowing the answer just as much as I did. But no one could miss the mischief that laced her voice, the lust that filled her eyes.

A moment of silence passes around us, breaking the world from Nicola and I. A moment long enough for us to lock eye contact, for our hearts to beat faster.

What did I do right to get her? Considering the amount of crappy luck I've had in the past, it almost doesn't seem real to believe that she wants me. Correction, that she is mine. The mate bond really doesn't do much for me, but I can see it her eyes. It is all there, the longing, the need and the love.

I can see it in her eyes now, even as we edge closer to each other, it's electrifying the blue. I bring my hand to her cheek, grinning as I feel her fall into my touch. 

"Then come and get it," She teased.

I suppress a groan as her fingers move ever so slightly as they grip the hem of my jeans and her eyes ignite with lust. She bites her bottom lip, as she stares at me, waiting for a movement as I stare into her eyes.

I watch her hair drift in the wind, swaying slightly as if it catches the strands, the way she blinked blocking the view of those eyes for a moment too long.

With our lips only centimetres apart, I close the gap. Although this wasn't the first time we kissed, I felt like fireworks were breaking off in the distant. And as her lips slowly shifted, and our breaths became one, everything else disappeared.

I push a strand of hair behind her ear, a simple gesture that somehow seemed like an instinct, before wrapping my arms around her waist. She steps closer, causing us to stand chest to chest. Smiling, she picks up the pace, her hand running up my chest as she does so before her fingers tangle with my hair. I follow her lead  whilst fighting to keep my hunger at bay. 

Soon enough, I instinctively attempt to deepen the kiss, my lips hungry as I feel her lips shift against mine. She staggers a step back, her fingers tangling with my hair as she tries to keep her balance.

Without hesitation I bring my arms around her torso, holding her tightly as I don't dare to break the kiss.

I strain my fingers from wrapping around her ass, trying hard not to make her uncomfortable. I feel her hands trail down from my hair, down my arms and wrap around my hands. I feel her shift them to the curve of her back. She smiles as she feels me relax, my fingers still itching to run over her.

The next moment, I feel the tip of her tongue gently touch my lip, and without hesitating, I grant her access. 

Stuff fireworks going off in the background, there were land mines exploding in china. Somehow, a girl who never wanted to be caught dead kissing a guy, was making him loose his mind in just a few minutes.

Stuff self-control, it was her fault I lost it.

With out a thought, I wrapped my hands around the area I was itching to hold, roughly pulling her closer to me. Her chest vibrates a small moan comes from her mouth, only making me want more.

But before I could go any further, she pulled away. "Maybe this isn't the place to be kissing," She whispered, her eyes still closed and her breath ragged.

I didn't bother hiding my grin as I studied her features.

"I know the perfect place." 

***

It was as if we were the stars in a movie, how bodies itching to have each other alone as we rushed through my bedroom door. My heart was racing as I brought her close to my chest as my hands discovered every part of her that was covered by clothes. 

Heat rushed through me as I felt her lips shift against mine, our breathing mixing as she lifted her legs around my waist. I catch her, gently pulling her closer to me as I stumble to the wall, pushing her against it just hard enough for her to stay. 

Her fingers ignite fire along my skin as she rubs them under the hem of my shirt and quietly begging for me to take it off.

One clear destination in mind 

Despite my body screaming at me, I broke the kiss. 

Almost as if that broke her heart, she stared at me, her electric blue eyes swimming as she studied my every feature. Silence passed as I forgot what I was about to say, my heart hammering against my chest and my breath ragged. 

She waits however, her body just as hot as mine as we wait for me to make a move, to do or say anything. 

But I just wanted to stay put, to hold her in my arms as we studied every detail about each other. But she wanted more, she wanted me, and even a blind man could tell I wanted just as much.  

With a breath, I stuttered, "You ready?" 

Not one single hesitation was evident as she smiled at me, confidence enlightening her features.

She nods. 

Without another moment, her lips are against mine and we enter a night of pure bliss. 

*** 

The moon's light creeped through the crack between the curtains, it's light reaching our bed as if to greet us. With a content sigh, I moved my head ever so slightly to find the beauty I have resting on my bare chest, her breath soft as sleep takes her. I shift my arm ever so slightly, stroking her arm gently as memories of what felt like moments ago flood through me. 

To think months ago, I would have never even imagined spending time with her. In fact, if I was the same man as I was before, my lip would be turned in disgust and my head would shake. 

Why did I dislike her again?

Does it matter?

All I know is she is mine, and I am hers. A love that will continue despite what we may go through. And she knows just as much as I, that it doesn't matter what comes between us, the mate bond will keep us together. 

That's a promise. 

***

Okayy, okayyy I know. It's been what? Forever since I updated, well I am extremely sorry. Really I am, and I have no excuse. And then I give you this short, and well, cheesy? I think it is anyway ahah, chapter. 

Yes, bring out your pitchforks and kill me now. But be warned, the next chapter will not be posted if you do ;) 

Also, because lets face it, I want to brag, I had my very first kiss yesterday, from my very first boyfriend and it was hella cute. Not that it matters but oh welllllllll . 

Hope you enjoyed, if you did than please vote :) 

Thank you for reading!!