Chapter 10

Authors note: Every 10th Chapter will be in Xavier's point of view. 

***

Xavier's POV

Sighing, the boiling water trickles along my bare skin. Washing away the sweat and dirt that somehow managed to find me everywhere, I go. Maybe that was the fault of my pack, the dirt that they would bring into this beat up house was the reason I smelt like the goddamn woods.

Just like my parent's grave.

I sigh once again, rubbing the tension from my face before sliding the tap off. I curl my lips as the sudden cold air hits me.

Strange how after a hot shower summer feels like winter?

Without another thought, I snatch the towel from the hanger as I step out of the glass shower. My feet leaving wet footprints as I move along the tiles. While wiping away the water, I move my gaze from the floor to the mirror.

What I see shocks me.

As my tired eyes meet the mirror, I see her. I see Nicola

I see her watching me with empty eyes as the bruises continue to blossom to her cheeks while blood trickles along her smooth skin. Her eclectic blue eyes peel through my skin till it reaches my heart, eager to smash what's left of it.

I stand there breathless. With my heart skipping and guilt stripping away my soul, I watch a tear slip from her eyes, her mouth whispering my name. Just like that, all air escapes my lungs and I struggle to get it back.

I can't still be guilty! She is no different to any other wolf that has trespassed! No different to anyone else I had hurt!

Then why is she different enough for me to feel guilt?

Struggling to breathe, I blink, eager to get her image from my mind. But it stays, not in the mirror but in my mind. Knowing the guilt won't leave soon, I hastily get dressed. The image of her still stuck in my mind, her eyes watching me while fists collide against her skin.

I won't lie, something sparked as soon as I lay eyes on her. The whispers of the new confident girl that was casually walking through the halls had already caught my attention. Unless they were Barbie, no one walked to a new school confidently, especially when they new I stalked the halls. I heard she was nothing special; apparently, she was cute nothing more.

But as I watched her figure stumble through the crowd, her nose lifted slightly towards the air as she stumbled in search for something, for someone.

For me.

I didn't know it then, I simply thought that she would be another piece of prey I'd have to break. But as soon as her electric eyes fell in mine, and that familiar glint passed through them, I shattered. The quick smile that sprang to her lips and the step she took toward my direction, made my breath catch. And then I watched, almost hypnotised, as her lips formed a word I hoped I would never hear.

'Mate'

And it was like my heart had leapt from my chest to run to her. My heart left me to be the stupid idiot, who could only stare at her. She wouldn't know I wasn't a wolf yet, thanks to my pack I reeked of it. But she would find out soon enough and that would crush her heart. So, I had to crush it for her.

But as her heart warming smile faded and her eyes grew dark I realised she didn't want this.

She didn't want me.

I couldn't blame her. No body could, all I would do is smash her pretty little heart into pieces until she's nothing more than a prune in the sun.