Chapter 19

This is more of a filler, kind of like an explaining chapter haha. This is only 900 words, so not a long read at all. 

Xavier's hand slams against the counter before anyone can blink.

"What did you just say?"

Andrew slowly turns around, his eyes falling on me for a moment, before etching toward Xavier. He shrugs, as though that would shake away his uneasiness. "What's the worse that could happen, I mean, c'mon mate she's injured," He answers, leaning against the counter, his towel slipping slightly.

I shoot my gaze to the floor, a slight blush blossoming to my cheeks. Xavier glances between us, his frown deepening before answering with, "No."

He throws his hands in the air, dropping the cloth before stabbing the stick in the bin. "There is no way in hell she is staying here," He states, his eyes shooting venom like there is no tomorrow. Everybody turns around now, shooting disapproval looks to their Alpha, then shifting toward me. In general their features soften, almost as if understanding crosses between them and then slowly mixes with sorrow.

"And there is no way in hell she is living in the streets looking like that," An older wolf, with grey flecks in his hair and a small scar etched on the left side of his face speaks, his voice calm, rational and wise. But it doesn't seem to affect Xavier as he looks at me like I'm some kind of enemy.

He shakes his head, "So what, she's pathetic no matter where she is. Living on the streets will either break her or make her, it did for you."

A flash of anger flickers through the older wolf's eyes, "That may be so, but I am a man, and she is a women, I saw what people do to the women on the streets, and I would like to minimize the options."

Fear floods into me, my mind wrapping around what was actually happening here. I can't live with him, I was trying way to hard to forget Xavier existed and now I'm going to see him more often than not. A part of me, the traitorous hormonal side, feels like jumping through the roof, to find ways to win Xavier over, but my other half, the smart logical one, knows he is too dangerous to be around with.

I don't want him to hurt me.

"What's to say you won't do the same with me?" I whisper and silence becomes a bomb. Xavier nods his head, shooting his palms toward me as if he were serving a dish.

"Exactly, what if one of you couldn't hold yourself back-"

"We may be rogue wolves Xavier but we are not monsters!" A stranger wolf shouts. He turns to look at me, his deep blue eyes connecting with mine. "I can assure you, no one will harm you, we've all been in the same situation," He whispers, a small smile crossing his lips, he turns to look at Xavier, "Except we didn't have a this bozo telling us we couldn't stay here."

Xavier opens his mouth, before shutting it again, defeat underlining his features. Then as his nose crinkles, and his eyes dart around the room you can see, even before he clenches his jaw, that his pack have more power over him than he has over them.

"F-fine, but she leave's when she finds a place to say," He says before turning to face me, "And I suggest you find somewhere very quickly."

I gulp, my eyes wide and my lips fumbling over words that couldn't come out. I watch as he disappears into a room.

I look around the room, everyone smiling triumphantly before ushering to some place else.

But then it was my turn to worry, because I couldn't see one female in sight.

Why?

Sam, Andrew and Connor walk toward me, small smiles, well Andrew has the biggest grin of all, and help me off the counter.

"We have a spare bedroom with a pretty descent bed if you want, but it's at the other side of the house, you okay to walk that far?" Sam asks, his hand wrapping around my waist as I slip my arm over his shoulder. I nod, not really knowing what to think.

"Sorry about Xavier, he's-he's-yeah, he's just being Xavier," Connor answers, keeping his head to the floor as we walk through the house. Andrew however, keeps a small grin etched into his lips as he walks behind me, his eyes boring into me.

Connor opens a door and I feel like I'm walking into a barn meant for animals, instead of hay being on the floor a pretty descent looking bed lay in the middle, with two odd coffee tables beside it. The smell didn't welcome much either.

I swallow, before muttering a small thank you as they place me onto their bed.

"Well, good night then," Sam mutters and Connor nods before they walk out the door. Andrew follows, his eyes glinting with mischief as he places his hand on the handle. He looks at me one more time, a grin still slapped onto his lips.

"My god Nicola, you picked one hell of a mate."

Then he shut the door.

***

Well, what did you think? I really hope you enjoyed it, even if it wasn't that long :) 

Please vote, comment and possibly share, that would honestly mean the world to me. Thank you for reading!