Chapter 29

"Why choose this diner?" I ask as we both step across beige coloured tiles, my sneakers leaving a small squeak as we enter. He glances my way, a faint smile kissing his lips as his amber eyes glint, but his lips never move to reveal the answer. I roll my eyes.

Do all guys try to be mysterious?

We continue in silence before deciding to take a seat on two red seats that compliment the classical american diner look. He takes a seat in front of me, a permanent smile across his lips, even though any fool could hear his heart beat hammering against his chest.

I couldn't blame him, not when I was the one who felt my heart beating faster than his, or when my stomach was a home for nervous butterflies. Xavier managed to play it cool however, with his gorgeous smile and dazzling eyes still calm and focused. I on the other hand couldn't keep still, I was subconsciously fiddling with the hem of my shirt as I bit my lip.

A lady with a short blonde bob strutted toward us, her hair neatly pinned from her face as the rest jumped along with the bounce in her step. With a mile wide grin, she stopped with a halt next to us, her vibrant blue eyes dead set on Xavier.

"Well how you goin' Xavier, haven't seen you in quite a while!" She greeted, her hand swinging to her hips in which where covered in a black pencil skirt. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed her red and white striped button up shirt allowed no cleavage.

Is it bad that I immediately thought she would be unbuttoning her shirt at the sight of him?

I glanced at Xavier, who held a genuine smile and gave his full attention to this lady.

"It's good to see you, how come you are so chirpy? Usually you are dead at this time in the morning," Xavier said, his voice warm as he spoke to her.

Why was my blood starting to boil?

I eyed blondie once more, questioning her true motives and why her skirt wasn't high. It's a good thing I guess, just means I have nothing to accuse her of.

What am I doing?

Her smile only widens, like a secret has just been revealed and she brings her hand to Xavier, showing off a large diamond ring. His eyes widen as his eyebrows raise, he takes her hand gently to examine it.

"After I found out I was pregnant I told the daddy, and he proposed to me yesterday!" She squealed, her eyes twinkling and leg lifting as her shoulders swayed side to side. So many people could confuse her happiness with flirting right now.

I'm one of them.

Xavier's smile seemed to widen as he patted her hand as if to say congratulations, "Who's the lucky guy?" My eyes widen slightly, like knowing this random stranger was pregnant was not surprising and he genuinely cared about this creature. She was oblivious to the dark stare that I was sending her as she continued to pay full attention to Xavier, her gaze never once wondering to me.

"Theo Mcintire."

I choke on air, the world spinning slightly around me. I glance at Xavier, who still holds the smile, however his eyes no longer glinted, but rather turned dark. But Blondie was watching me now, her perfectly trimmed eyebrows furrowed with concern as she put a hand on my shoulder as if her touch would heal. Xavier watched me too, his eyes screaming profanities while his smile would confuse any person.

"I thought you wanted nothing more with Theo? When the hell did that happen? " Xavier asked, something straining in his voice as he looked back at blondie.

I do my best to breathe again.

" Just before he rejected me we may have had a little bit of a one night stand, but after he realised that he still loved me after rejecting me, he wanted me back. I still remember how his parents came rushing in after he did it, calling me their daughter-in-law and Ms Mcintire."