Chapter 15

My books go flying even before I hear Xavier's snickers. Just moments ago the bell for break 1 had gone, and I was making my way to hector completely lost in thought. My mind wrapped in furious thoughts about Theo and then, a leg pops out in front of me and I find myself growing closer to the floor as my notes fly about in the hallway.

Everyone seems to enjoy the show laughter escapes their lips as they watch my descent. There quiet snickers don't bother me; no instead I hear one in particular, one from my mate no less.

Surprisingly, anger doesn't run through my veins like usual and as my hands slap against the tiles floors I blink away the realization of what he has just done.

"Seriously?" I hear a boy with an Australian accent hiss, then his heavy footsteps. I close my eyes for a brief moment to hide the hurt that they hold before moving to collect my notes.

"Sorry, Xavier's always been a dick, don't take it personally. You of all people should know," I hear Andrew's voice again. I shoot my gaze up to meet his in surprise. He gives me a small grin as he moves to collect my notes.

"Yeah well being one won't make his any bigger," I spit. To my surprise Andrew stares at me gob smacked before tilting his head back in hysterical laughter. "Wish ya said that to his face, can you imagine his reaction?" He jokes before twisting his features in an attempt to mimic his.

A small smile tugs at my lips as he hands me my notes. I stay still for a few moments as I wait for Xavier's footsteps to completely disappear. I feel like flipping him the bird as he retreats, his lips moving to talk to his pack.

"Why is he so cruel?" I barely whisper to myself.

"Huh?" Andrew says, helping me to stand his hands tightly wrapped around my arm. Even though it is a small action it still shows he has the strength of a werewolf.

What would Xavier's hold feel like?

"Nothing," I mutter before moving to walk away from him. Hoping that he'd disappear before I reach Hector. Instead, he keeps up with my pace, his hand running through his long hair as he winks at girls walking past.

He's the guy version of Veronica, who knew?

"Shouldn't you be following Xavier instead? I've had a bad enough weekend, no need for you to bring him along to make it a bad week," I snap, ignoring his confused glance as I continue to walk.

"Nahh, believe it or not but he lets me run free. He's not the one with leash, thank you very much," He states, eyeing me curiously. I do my best to avoid eye contact with him as I continue to storm through the halls. "Why was the weekend so bad?" He asks.

"Oh you know my parents found out who my mate is and wasn't happy with that so they pulled a rogue of the street and basically told me to devote the rest of my life to a stranger."

Why the hell do I not know how to shut up?

Andrew stops, his eyes wide as he goes over what I said in his head doing his best to make sense of it. I mentally scold myself as he does so. With his hands now in his pocket, he stares at me, his face slowly going to stoic then turning into understanding and then straight into confusion.

Basically he looked like his mind was screaming "WTF".

So I stand, my fingers fumbling around the hem of my shirt while I wait for him to say something. Anything.

"So basically you found your mate?" He starts, his eyebrows knitting together, "But you told your parents and they weren't happy about it?"

He starts walking and I suddenly find myself telling him about what has happened, but despite his constant questioning about whom my mate was, I stayed quiet. What would he do if I told him that his Alpha is my mate? Probably leave me without anything but a trail of dust.