"Why do you look so happy?" I asked him.

"Just you, Tommy. You make me happy."

"You make me really happy too, Mark, you have no idea how much. Everything that's happened in the past while, just. I don't know how deep of and conversation you'd be okay to go with but just know that I've never been happier than I have been lately."

Mark looked at me with empathy. "You can tell me anything. Anything and everything. You've made me happier than I have been as well."

"I'm really glad about that. My mental state hasn't really been up there lately. I don't know what triggered it but I couldn't seem to really get out of this pit of loathing and depression and then you came along and Goddamn, a switch seemed to flip. I don't know what else to really say but thank you. Thank you so fucking much, Mark."

He pulled me up towards him and kissed me. It was soft, and his lips were chapped. He touched me in a way that was like glass, like I could break and shatter into and million pieces and he'd lose me forever. His hands stayed near my waist and mine were around his neck and in his hair. Everything was right then. Nothing seemed to make me as happy as Mark Hoppus did. We pulled away after a minute or two.

(Possible tw on this, just wanna play it safe, kids)
"I'm not gonna say I know how you feel or how you felt," he said, "but I can say I've been in a somewhat similar situation. When I was 17. I." He paused. "I-I attempted suicide." His voice cracked and I held him tighter, kissing his collarbone and allowing him to finish.

"At the time it seemed like it was meant to happen. I've always had a little voice in my head that gave me bad ideas but at the time it seemed to be the only thing I could hear. I remember writing the note. I told my parents that things became too much, it wasn't my mom's fault for not being there or my dad's fault for not knowing, simply my kind not being in the best shape it could have been, that the things that would take my mind off it didn't seem to work anymore and things just became worse." He was getting a bit choked up and I kissed his cheek, bringing a sad smile to his face.

"I felt very, very alone, as I spent so much time with myself and myself only, lost in my own thoughts of everything from my hopes and dreams to what happened after we died. I attempted and I still have the scars from it," he said, motioning to his wrists. There was a long vertical scar going from his elbow to his wrist and a small horizontal crossing it. The scars formed an upside down cross on each of his arms although they were very faded.

"I took a lot of pills and they pumped my stomach, leaving me with a scar from that too." I noticed the slightly discolored line of skin just below his rib cage and traced it with my fingers.

(End tw)

"They had me in a mental hospital for a little while and that helped a lot. I recovered. I still have to take medication and the little voice in my head comes back every once in a while but I learned to manage. The world is wide and time goes by, things get better and the sun seems to shine brighter. Everything works out." There were and few tears on his face and I wiped them away.

"You're so beautiful, Mark. I hate that you ever thought that way about yourself. You're cute and funny and overall just amazing. I'm glad that you had the courage to talk about that as most people don't. You're the greatest person I know Mark. I l- You make me so happy and I'm do greatful to be with you."

"You're the best thing in my life, Tom," he said. He pulled me into another kiss and we kissed for a long time. Innocent and sweet yet full of emotion.

After that we talked about other things, like how I would have go return to school on Monday and how he needed to work as well. We stayed in his bed for a long time goofing around and making out, doing whatever we wanted. And this is another day to go down as the greatest, although any day with Mark seemed to be perfect.

(A/N)

Hey babes.
This is super short but I think some decent plot points were made in this. I hope everyone is doing wonderfully and having a great time in life and whatever else you're doing. I saw Blink a month ago today and I might cry. Love you my little windmills

 Love you my little windmills