CHAPTER 37 - Sunset

Start from the beginning

"Ramirez," he called out.

"Hmm?" Dara continued resting her cheek against his back, her arms wrapped on his waist.

"What are you doing?"

"Resting. I'm done preparing the rest of the food we have to bring," she reasoned. She then kissed his shoulder multiple times, enjoying the feeling of being in close proximity with the guy.

"Let go of me. I need to wash my hands," he said. The girl grumbled incessantly but eventually removed her arms from him. Jiro spun around to step toward the sink, but Dara was still blocking his path. He was about to sidestep her, but the girl suddenly snaked her arms around his body again, hugging him tightly and burying her face on his chest, preventing him to step forward.

"Ramirez."

"I won't let go!" she declared and giggled while tightening her hug. Jiro did not argue anymore and just dragged her with him - the girl still clinging on his upper torso as he stepped with difficulty toward the sink while Dara stepped backwards to go with him. He leaned forward to open the faucet, pinning the girl at the edge of the counter. As he washed his hands, he felt her lips kissing his jaw, making him look at her. The girl took advantage of this and gave him a quick peck on the lips, smiling giddily afterwards.

Jiro silently closed the faucet and rested his hands on the edge of the counter, trapping her. "What's with you?" he asked as he peered down at the girl.

Dara did not respond as her eyes flicked down on his lips, swallowing hard as she watched him wetting his bottom lip, slowly dragging his teeth on it. This tease. When Jiro's face descended toward her, her eyes instantly fluttered closed, waiting for his kiss, but the kiss did not happen.

"You're so clingy," he whispered, slightly brushing the tip of his nose against hers, a playful smile curving on his lips. Dara blinked her eyes open and whined when he drew back.

"Jirooo," she whimpered.

"What?" he asked nonchalantly, his hands still resting on the edge of the counter with Dara in between his arms. She tightened her hug on his waist and pulled him closer, tiptoeing to kiss him, but Jiro moved his face away from her lips. The girl was evidently unhappy with what he did and eyed him sharply.

Seeing her angry expression, Jiro sighed in defeat and dipped down, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "There. Happy now?"

"Another one," she demanded, pouting a bit.

He complied and gave her soft, audible kisses on the lips, the smooch sound entering their ears as he repeatedly pressed his lips against hers. "Had enough?" he whispered.

Dara entwined her arms around his nape, still craving for another kiss.

"Ramirez."

"Another one," she requested.

"I already did."

"With tongue!" she whined, stomping her feet a bit. Jiro's eyes crinkled in amusement as he stared at the girl who looked like she was being deprived of her favorite candy. "Jiro, come on. Another one."

"That's enough."

Dara buried her face on his chest and whimpered like an oppressed cat, obviously unsatisfied. She lifted her gaze and looked at him with somber gaze, removing her arms from him silently.

"Fine," she grumbled, trying to remove his arm trapping her, but he wouldn't budge.

"Are you mad?" he asked.

"No."

"You're mad."

"I'm not mad. I'm unhappy. You're hearing my unhappy voice," she hissed.