Chapter 19

Natsu walked down the hallways of the school silently and alone. Though he could see the end of it, it felt like it would never stop. A hallway of shame he supposed. But no one gave him strange looks, no one looked down at him, no one thought him different than before. It was only himself who thought that he was awful.

Despite how much he didn't want to admit it, he felt bad about what he did to Lucy. She didn't deserve it. He should've never accepted the bet. He should've never come into her life at all. He was just a bacteria. Someone that made their way into people's lives and infected them.

He invaded her privacy, took pictures of her, and actually sent them to a friend. What for? So his reputation wouldn't get ruined? For a free dinner?

He's no better than Sting...no..he's worse than Sting.

Sting took advantage of his father's money. Natsu..he took advantage of their friendship.

He betrayed her.

That's something that no one could forgive, and he wouldn't blame them. He couldn't forgive himself either.

"Hey Natsu, looks like we're treating you." Cobra smirked as he and the rest of their little gang headed towards Natsu. Angel had a somewhat triumph smirk on her face while she scrolled down on her phone. Natsu turned away from them and kept walking. He didn't want to face anyone.

Especially those guys.

Lucy was drunk when he took the pictures right? So she might not remember what happened. Maybe there's a chance that they can still be friends. No..that's not fair. That's being selfish.

Natsu wasn't going to let himself be friends with her anymore. For her own good. Because she deserved a better friend. Someone that appreciated her.

"Natsu? Why are you so quiet?" Cobra asked, running towards him with the others following behind a bit slower.

"Leave me alone." He snapped, not even bothering to look at him.

"What's wrong with you? Didn't you finally sleep with that annoying chick? You got pictures too!" Cobra continued on with enthusiasm as he pulled out his phone, scrolling down before showing it to Natsu, ignoring the glare he gave him when he called Lucy annoying, "You gave every guy in school a good sneak peak!"

Natsu widened his eyes when he looked at the guy's phone, shock and anger filled him. He didn't know which one to react on, so he reacted on both.

"What the hell did you do?" Natsu growled, holding Cobra up by his collar with wide eyes. To think that Cobra would've done something like this was...

was common.

Natsu frowned inwardly at himself. He knew that Cobra was capable of something like this, heck he's done it before. So why did Natsu send him the pictures? Why had he just been so..oblivious? Natsu's an idiot..he knows that much. He fails classes constantly, doesn't do his homework, doesn't even have common sense, but most of the time he's smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

Apparently he wasn't this time.

And other people paid the price.

He knew Cobra wasn't to be blamed here, Natsu was. Natsu sent him the pictures, it's not like he told Cobra not to send it or post it anywhere either. Cobra didn't do anything wrong. He was just being...Cobra..

Natsu shouldn't punch Cobra and he knew that. Cobra didn't deserve it. If anything, Natsu should be the one getting punched. But Natsu REALLY wanted to punch something and Cobra is currently in range.

"Natsu? What the hell is wrong with you?" Angel asked a bit angrily, placing a hand on the hand that Natsu held Cobra with.

"Yeah, I thought you would've like it." Cobra agreed slightly with Natsu, only making him angrier. Natsu glared at Cobra for a few more seconds before letting go of his shirt collar, making him fall on his butt. Cobra shared a glance of confusion with Midnight while getting up, Angel let her hand fall but kept her gaze on Natsu. Natsu didn't look at her or anyone else around him, he just turned on his heel and walked away. Angel tried to stop him, to grab his arm but she only failed.

Natsu growled at them as he walked away, his eyes locked onto the ground as if there was something interesting on it, when really, he just didn't want people seeing the hideous guilt planted in his eyes.

Because there he is, still worrying about his stupid reputation.

It took all of his willpower not to punch a hole in the wall, but it seems that he didn't have much willpower so there was a hole in the wall anyways.

"Goodbye Mrs. Connell, I'll miss you." Natsu snapped his head up at the voice that he had gotten so used voice seemed a bit sadder than normal, it didn't seem mad though. He turned his head to see Lucy hugging one of her teachers. The green haired teacher said something to Lucy but Natsu didn't quite get it. When the two stopped hugging, the teacher went back inside her classroom and Lucy walked in Natsu's direction. They shared a quick glance as she walked passed him. She didn't look mad at him, at least her body expression didn't. Her eyes told a whole other story.

She seemed angry. No..her eyes looked mad but it wasn't a glare. It looked like she was trying to contain her anger, her pain. But at the same time her eyes flickered to guilt. Why would she be guilty?

She did nothing wrong.

This is all Natsu...

"I'm sorry.." Natsu spoke quietly when she passed. He forced himself to look away from her eyes and onto the ground, deciding that he wasn't even worthy to look at anyone.

"All of this for a bet?" Lucy asked, pausing for a moment to look at him then she looked away.

"I..." He trailed off, not knowing what else to say. Nothing could make up for what he had done.

"It's okay..I understand I guess...I'm not really that interesting eh?" Lucy laughed hardheartedly but it died down quickly.

"That's not true!" Natsu suddenly argued, looking at her with stern eyes "I'm just a bastard!"

"That you are." Lucy nodded in agreement then sighed quietly, the sadness filling her eyes instead "Goodbye Natsu...I'll miss you even if you don't miss me.."

"Wait what? Where are you going?"

She looked down at her feet, tears stinging her eyes. Natsu raised an eyebrow, a bit worried, then he noticed that she was carrying a bag full of paper and crap. "Luce?" He asked when she didn't answer. She stayed looking at her feet for a few more moments before looking back up at him, not able to hide the tears anymore.

"I'm going back home.."