Chapter 12

The girl held onto the man's elbow, not letting him hit her friend.

"What the hell? Bitch! Let go of me!" The man screamed and started to shake his arm around, getting his friend's attention. The girl held on tightly, determined to not let go. This man had planned on hurting her friend.

Someone that had finally let her smile, even after her mother's death and her father's cruelty. She wasn't letting go. Even as she saw that friends were approaching him, with the goal to hurt her. But she wouldn't let go. She wasn't letting them her friend. They could hurt her for all she cared.

But they were not hurting her friend.

Ever.

000

"I never would've thought that you would wear that." Lucy said in a bit of awe as she watched Natsu prounce around her room in a bunny suit. She held back her laughter, just seeing him in a pink bunny suit was hilarious, but now he was striking a bunch of poses. Lucy wasn't able to hold back her laughter.

"Pfft you know you love it." Natsu beamed proudly as he struck another pose, Lucy had her phone out and was videotaping anything.

"Why are you even doing this?" Lucy laughed as Natsu smacked the bunny tail on the back of his suit. Natsu kept prancing around her room like he owned the place. Luckily, today had been the day that Lucy cleaned up her room. Well not that she didn't normally clean up her room, it just got a bit messier than normal. Especially with all her clothes on the ground.

"Gray made a bet with me. I have to post this on Youtube." Natsu said proudly "Because I'm doing this, he has to dye his hair aqua."

"Poor Gray..that's not a good colour on him." Lucy giggled a bit "But is this really worth it?" She questioned as she sat on her bed, sinking into the big fluffy white blanket a bit. She watched as the Natsu in her phone striked the same poses on the screen as he did in real life. She giggled a bit as she changed the setting up a bit, just a little bit. She may or may not have adjusted Natsu's stomach to make him look like Santa in the an Easter Bunny costume.

"Obviously, besides I always take on bets." Natsu said as he struck his last pose. Lucy let out her last laugh and stopped the video before Natsu saw what she did. "Oh really?" Lucy questioned, of course she had heard rumours of Natsu being the school's 'daredevil' but she didn't know for sure. At the same time though, she didn't doubt it. It seemed like a Natsu thing. "What was your hardest bet?"

'Sleeping with you' was what he was going to say, but he stopped himself. No way was he going to tell her it was a bet, that was just mean. And not to mention, it would be much harder to go on with the bet if he told her that. Besides, it's not like any of this actually means anything to him. Just another girl to bang, a challenging one with that. And really, a bet's a bet, what else can he do?

"There was this one time I had to jump off a building." Natsu lied. Well not a total lie, he did have to jump off a building before, but like he said, it wasn't the hardest.

"Geez, did you get hurt?" Lucy asked as she watched Natsu take off his bunny suit, blushing a little bit, even if he did have his clothes underneath him "And where in the world did you get that suit?"

"Yeah, I was in the hospital for days." Natsu confessed then sat on the bed alongside Lucy after he took off the suit. He remembered how the people around him started freaking, everyone was calling for ambulances. It was kind of funny too, especially since he only had a broken wrist. "For some reason Lisanna had one." He answered her second question, which made her laugh again. Her laugh was such a sweet sound, just full of joy. Not like what her eyes said, they spoke of sad tales of her past. Sad tales that Natsu could do nothing about.

And it made him angry for some reason, sympathetic even.

Just for the bet..just for the bet..

"Why do you do all these bets?" Lucy asked curiously as she moved closer to him, something happened then that Natsu didn't expect. Because the next thing Natsu knew was that her head was resting on his shoulder. Natsu felt a slight breeze of pink whip across his cheeks, which surprised him just as much, mainly because Natsu doesn't blush. Ever.

What the hell is she doing to me?

"Don't go getting weird thoughts, I'm just tired." Lucy said and Natsu could actually feel her arms touching his. Just the thought of her willingly touching him sent tingles through his arms. First, she makes him blush, then she makes him tingly, and now..he's feeling nervous. As if he could mess up, break whatever this is in a second. And he didn't want that.

He didn't want it at all.

"To answer your earlier question," Natsu started, hoping to change the subject a little bit, as he enjoyed the warmth of her head "I guess I do them to proof that I'm strong. I grew up alone, so I guess I don't have anyone to proof to but myself. I've cried enough in my past...so this shows that I'm able to do anything."

"Why have you cried in your past?" Lucy asked softly, her eyes closed. Natsu closed his own eyes, listening to her soft breaths. Just the way her breath landed onto his skin made his heart skip a beat. "I don't know..I don't remember...I just know I have." Natsu answered, and leaned his own head on hers, placing his hands behind his back to support himself.

"Hm." Lucy hummed softly, Natsu couldn't tell if she was sleeping, or just didn't have anything to say. At least the silence wasn't uncomfortable though. If anything it was comfortable, just the two of them, enjoying each other's presence.

Natsu wished that they could stay like this forever. Happy, and just comfortable with each other. No bets..no fathers..just the two of them.

But all good things must come to an end.