Chapter 17

Wait what?" The boy cried out, louder than he would've liked, but he kept going on "He can't do that! That's not fair!"

"You try telling him that.." The girl said quietly, not looking him in the eyes still. She cupped her hands underneath the table, not wanting to say anything else. She didn't want to speak about this anymore. She just wanted to get her mind off things, that's why she came here with her friend. You can't fight a battle that never existed.

Apparently the boy didn't seem to understand that though.

"I will then."

000

"You almost ready?" Natsu asked impatiently as he sat on the leather couch, wearing nothing but swim shorts. He stretched his legs out and placed them on the glass coffee table, which Gramps would definitely scold him for. But Gramps ain't here.

When he told Lucy that they would be alone here, she was a lot more enthusiastic about it than Natsu thought she would be. He didn't know whether he should be happy that she wanted to be alone with him, or worried. Worried? Why would Natsu be worried? That's probably what most people would ask. But...it's not exactly very 'Lucy' of her. And the other day he saw her chopping the hell out of some carrots. So can you blame him for being a little bit worried?

"Ready." Lucy replied and opened the door to reveal a VERY skimpy (not that he minded) white bikini with a pink design of a flower on her left breast. For once in his life, he blushed from seeing a lot of skin. Natsu actually blushed from the sight of her. He's actually seen naked females before, but this..this was just..wow. Unlike with other girls, where he would get an impulse to sleep with them, he had the impulse to look away. Mainly because he felt as if he was trespassing, or invading her privacy.

Natsu got up from his couch, avoiding looking at her, as he slowly walked over to the door, wood creaking underneath his feet. When he had told Lucy it was a cottage, it wasn't COMPLETELY wrong. It was what most people would call a 'cottage' but it was more of a cabin on the beach, instead of a small house. A log cabin on the beach. It was a small log house with two bedrooms, a main room, and one filthy bathroom. The bedrooms were barely big enough to fit a twin bed, so you could guess how fun it was when he and and Gramp's actual grandson had to share a bed. Especially considering he is much bigger than Natsu.

The main room was a bigger than the bedroom's but not by too much. There was a small two piece couch, that had lost too much stuffing over the year, a glass coffee table in front of it with a lot of coffee stains. At the back of the room was a small mini fridge, a stove that was never used, and a sink. No counter, no drawers, no pans. None of the stuff you would see in a normal kitchen. Heck the house itself wasn't even that well built, but even with all of it's problems, Lucy's face still lit up when she saw it.

Which confused him EVEN more, considering she was rich, he figured she would like the finer things in life. Apparently not.

"...It's cold isn't it?" Lucy asked as we stepped onto the sand as the waves crashed onto it. The sand wasn't burning hot, but it wasn't cold either. It was just at sunset, so the sand would be around the right temperature. The ocean however..well Natsu didn't know for sure about that. The ocean was normally warmer when it had rained for days before this. It hasn't though. It hasn't at all.