Chapter 57

" You have to go right now?" Wade complains as he moves over to Peter to possessively hugging him from behind to keep him from going out the window.

" I know. I'll be back soon. I'm sure it's nothing important." Peter says while moving his head ever so slightly as the Merc rests his chin on top of he head.

" You should just stay instead and tell him you forgot."

" I can't do that. I'd still have to go on patrol anyway." Peter says as he just relaxes Into the embrace.

" But you did that last night, and the day before, and the day before that."

" And I'll have to do it tomorrow, the day after that, and for how ever long until I physically can't do it anymore." Peter sighs.

" But you're going to get hurt,"

" When I get hurt I go home and heal over night. Next day I go out and do it again."

' And I'll still never be able to feed properly because of the life I've chosen. Because I choose to be the stupid hero who is always looked down on. Who doesn't receive any respect for what I do. The city only ever points out Spider-Man's mistakes, his faults, the only things they take into account is what he does wrong. They don't appreciate the things he does.'

" And they won't until it's taken away," Peter snarls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Wade
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wade straitens up slightly at the tone in Peter's voice. The Spider is no longer relaxed in his hold but instead now rigid against him.

" Peter what's wrong?" Wade asks carefully.

[ His expression in the reflection in the window. Look how odd it is. We've never seen him look like that.]

White seems to squirm a bit as his attention along with Wade's is drawn to the window to stare at the Dark expression the Arachnid holds as he glares daggers over the city of New York outside their window.

[ His window.] Yellow corrects.

" Who won't know until what's taken away?" Wade asks hesitantly. For once he didn't need yellow to come to the worse of conclusions on what the phrase meant.

What if this was it? When his soulmate finally realized what a waste of time t was to keep him around. Finally saw how monstrous Wade really was inside and out. What if he learned from the avengers just how insane the Mercenary was. How he enjoyed his line of work, he liked killing.

Wade has known all along that if Peter ever really found out and comprehended Deadpool's real enjoyment of his profession.  He knows Peter will disapprove. He's surprised Peter hasn't sat him down and had a talk with him about the weapons and killing yet. It would surely come in the future when he had to start up again after he went through his surplus of cash. That was still a few years from now but still.

( Not that it seems humanly possible to not kill someone in four years. Could you imagine? Not getting out there to use your babies? For them to collect dust?)

" Mm not you my love." Peter says tuning around in Wade's grip, seeming to have somehow picked up on the uncertain thoughts of his soulmate. He stands on his toes to nuzzle the Mercenary.

Wade can't help but notice an odd, icy quality underneath Peter's normally completely warm gaze. He was thankful it wasn't directed at him and embraced himself in the comforting actions being delivered from his soulmate. The spider raises a hand onto Wade's cheek, fingers lightly brushing along his textured skin.

There is an odd tingling sensation where the Arachnid's fingers rest before the Mercenary is almost overwhelmed with a new presence of emotion pushing its way into his unguarded mind.

[ Unguarded isn't quiet the word. We are well guarded from telepaths forcing their way in. He is doing something different. He's sharing something that isn't thoughts.]

( Feelings )

The new presence sends an adoring warmth through Wade's mind and body before he's quickly enveloped by the Spider's pure passion and love as the emotional bond grows stronger between them. Wade testily reaches out to the positive presence and is rewarded by a soaring joy when he does so.

When the connection is finally broke the Merc takes a second to relish in the odd experience before looking at Peter with minimal alarm. " What was that?"

Peter in response shrugs seeming not entirely confident in the answer either disputed his warm smile. " Instinct. You needed proof of my decided devotion. So I clung."

Wade looks down at his baby boy for a long moment before bringing him closer in a meaningful embrace. " Thank you." He whispers into the teens soft hair.

" For you." Peter says.

They stay like that until Peter finally pulls away enough to look up at Wade. " I better go before Stark tried to ground me or something ridiculous like that. "

Wade nods with a slightly amused smile as he releases his Spider.

" Hopefully be back in a while. " Peter says before approaching the Window. He slides it open before pulling on the bug eyes mask and climbing out. Giving The Merc a final  wave before swinging off gracefully.

( He's so dreamy.)

[ Yeah well. Should we be concerned with the fact he completely avoided our question. What if he did that just to distract. What if he's got more powers then he's giving evidence of. He could be tricking us into thinking he likes us. What if everything we do with him is just and illusion while he sits to the side in disgust?]

" Fuck off Yellow. You can't fake feelings like that. I know it was real."

[ Do you really?]

Oh my goodness it's plot. Almost. At lease its peeping through.

What are your thoughts hmm? What do you think of our little spider?