Chapter 2

(Fuck that hurts) White complained as Wade clutched at his newly broken nose, doubling over as he pivoted on his heel to turn his face away from the spidery-themed hero- soulmate apparently, though that later comment hadn't quite sunk in yet.

"You fucking asshole!" Whoever they were, they were absolutely pissed. "Who are you anyway?" The arachnid demanded as he pressed into Wade's space, voice strained with anger.

[What the hell is this guy's problem?]

Yellow On the other hand was apprehensive, seeming to shrink back within Wade's mind. This was not, dare he say, ideal.

"Well, I know who you are Mr. Spider-Dick. From what I've heard before, you were supposed to be a pretty nice guy. But it happens to be that, that ain't quite the vibe I'm getting.  Christ, you psycho." Wade grumbled, not bothering to look over as he mentally prepared himself before snapping his nose back into place. He yelped instinctively and shook his head as a disgusting glob of blood fell out of his nose. There wasn't anything he could do but live with it pressed against his skin and mask.

Whilst this happened, his spider hero whispered three special little words:

"WhoTheFuck are you?" the guy snarled as he grabbed the chest strap of his harness.

( Um... pretty sure those aren't the right three little words...)

[ More like three-in-one and two on the side ]

Wade grabbed the web gloved hands in his and proceeded to shove the guy off. "First of all, I'm just straight up offended you don't already know. Second, I'm also disgusted by your rude manners. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Clearly, that had not been the right thing to say because that little red, white, and blue bundle of anger tensed up and sizzled with unbridled rage. He could practically see smoke coming out of the guys ears. Or where he assumed he had ears. But he was a spider thing,  maybe he didn't have any.

"I will ask one more time. Who. Are. You." the man growled. Like actually made a gurguly, grungy sound with the back of his throat like an animal. 

"Dunno. Who's asking?" He snarked back with a note of well-needed sass, taking the opportunity to grab one of the many, many weapons on his person.

"Your god damn soulmate. That's who" The spider responded venomously
clearly not amused with any part of the interaction. And that was a shame because lots of things where were entertaining and could quickly become far more entertaining in Wade's opinion. 

He was about to say something more, mouth open in preparation only to be stopped by his brain as it slowly turned, the rusty cogs groaning a clinking as he tried to put two and two together. 

(What?)

[He said Soulmate.]

Thankfully it seemed that the bug-themed weirdo across from him sensed his confused delay. That Wade was still working with dial-up speeds as opposed to that new fancy wifi brain that everyone else had these days. For those who don't know, dial-up was the internet when it made those scary REE-KAREE-KAREECH noises while it used the telephone line to do the internet stuff.

"Look at your watch" The arachnid hissed. He moved much faster than he could react, tugging his own red glad arm away from his weapon to shove it into his own masked face. Even from four inches from in front of his face he could see the finished count on his watch. 

A simple glance toward the hero's own wrist was all it took for Wade's heart to sink deep down into the pit of his chest.

0:0:0:0