28: Lives of Us

Different is good. I like different. This town has too much of the same. ~Pretty Little Liars

Emma~

It's been 2 years since Emily, Lilith and Jordan's arrest. They have pleaded guilty to kidnapping, disturbing the peace, and manipulating. So, 3 years in jail for them.

Dennis couldn't have been worse, every Monday at exactly 4:00 he visits the cemetery with a bouquet of flowers for Claire. Specially pink roses. Claire's favorite. I miss Claire dearly, knowing she died for a good cause, protecting us. She died a hero and I don't want to take that away from her. I sometimes come with Dennis to visit Claire, not all the time since my new manager has been urging me to audition for the Summer Bikini Martini sale.

Yup, I'm a full time model now. Claire being my inspiration, Kyle always beside me, Riley giving me motivation whenever I feel like the world is against me, and Bryson for all those cheesy pickup lines. It seems as if nothing has changed.

Now we're all in me and Kyle's condo, we all gathering by the tv watching Ken's latest movie, Whenever and Always. Yup, me and Kyle moved in together, about two weeks ago. Miranda was strict on how she did not want us to share a bed but she eventually calmed down the storm.

"Guys, this is my favorite part!" Ken shushes us, as the scene where Ken and Abigail, a former actress, both adopt a puppy. "Dude why couldn't we touch the puppy? I wanted to touch it." Bryson leans back into his seat, munching on a piece of buttered popcorn. "Because I decided to let my boyfriend touch it. You guys? PSH, you'll scare the dog away." Ken smirks at Bryson who scoffs.

I smile, laying my head on Kyle's shoulder, a small bruise from what had happened that day. It's still there and hasn't even faded yet. "Sleepy?" Kyle whispers to me and I shake my head. I haven't slept for two days straight, but coffee is the only thing keeping me sane. That apart from Kyle. "Riley, are you a star? Because you shine bright when there's darkness." Bryson says cockily, and Riley just slaps his chest. "Bry, I'm your girlfriend. And those pickup lines better be just for me."

"Don't worry, they are just for you." Bryson kisses her cheek, turning his attention back to the movie. I smile, it seems as if everyone is dating someone they truly love. "Where's Dennis? He's going to be late for the dinner I cooked up." I ask, standing up from my seat to check the oven, the meatloaf that has been cooking for a while. "Em, it's 4:30 on a Monday. He's obviously somewhere else." Kyle looks at his Apple Watch. I sigh, pulling out the meatloaf and setting it down on the counter. "Let's finish the movie and if he's not here by then, we'll just eat without him." I say sitting back down on Kyle's side.

"Sorry I'm late guys, I was telling Claire about my day." Dennis comes in, smiling. "Right on time. Help me with those plates please." I point out to the expensive plates Kyle's parents had imported all the way from China.

Dennis picks up the plates, setting the table as we all sit down. "Guys, you totally forgot about us?" Sunni and Michael come in together hand and hand. Sunni is carrying a container of her famous flan. Sunni and Michael had gotten engaged the second we graduated high school. And I'm the bride of honor.

"We didn't, we saved you a seat." Kyle points to the far left right next to Bryson and Riley. "Why are you even here?" Bryson crosses his arms. "Because Emma invited me. So scoot over." Sunni says setting down the flan container. I laugh, "Guys you need to calm down."

"No, we're hungry. There will be no chilling." Riley scoops up a glump of mash potatoes, Kyle cooked that in 20 mins.

"Bye!" I kiss Sunni on the cheek, her doing the same. We have gotten closer since she is my sister and well, she's part of our family too. "Good night Em!" Dennis waves a goodbye to me.

"Finally alone time." I clean up the table, Kyle putting on some energetic music, preferably ChainSmokers. "Let's have a kid." Kyle perks up from the couch. "No kids Ky, not yet." I smile walking over to him and kissing his forehead. "Kids? What the hell? No, I meant puppies." Kyle pulls me down onto the couch, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Oh, puppies. I want four." Kyle shakes his head looking around the living room. "Do you think this place could fit four puppies? I think not."

I shrug, "Maybe."

"Kyle, do you love me?" I poke his arm. "Emma I'm sleeping." Kyle turns his around so he faces me. "Yeah I know but do you?" I poke him once again. "I love you Emma, now shut up and sleep." Kyle raises his index finger to my lips as a sign for shush.

"Okay." I whisper, smiling. Our hands just automatically bond together, a thing we do whenever feel like we miss the other person's touch. "I love you too." My thumb rubs his hand, before my eyes slowly shut.