23~ Miranda Returns

Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I've ever done ~Toby Cavanaugh

Emma~

Come on Em, you can do this. Just say it. But his face is a mere four and a half inches away from mine, how can I?

My conscience takes a moment to even think, my mouth opening, "To answer your question, I'll say yes." Kyle's face goes white for just a split second, before he engulfs me in a bear hug. I laugh, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, my feet being lifting off the ground from Kyle's strong arms.

"What about that freak coming after you?" Kyle drops me back onto the ground, staring at me. I bite my lip, "I'll talk with Sunni and see what she can do." Kyle smiles, which immediately makes my stomach turn. Besides, Sunni's dad can't make it to Hawaii. "So, uh, where were we?" Kyle nervously scratches the back of his neck. I laugh, pulling his face towards mine, sealing it with a kiss.

It went on for quite a while, the kiss feeling much different than the first time we kissed. More emotion, more feelings and definitely more passion was involved. His hand tangled in my hair, my hand tugging at his shirt. It was perfect.

Until it was interrupted by a call.

I quickly pull away, blushing. "I gotta take this." I mutter, pulling the phone out of my pocket to answer. "Yeah?" I ask, and some shuffling sounds was all I could hear before Claire's distant voice shouts something incoherent. "Bryson I swear, give me my phone back!"

"Claire?" I laugh, as she comes on. "Sorry, Bryson the idiot decided to take my phone. Em, when are you getting back?" She asks me. I look over at Kyle, distracted by a bee buzzing around him, trying to kill it. "Soon. Why?" I say to Claire and I hear her clear her throat. "Dennis just asked me out, I have totally no idea how to respond." Claire says in a hushed voice but gladly I can still sense her squealing on the inside.

"Say yes! Claire, you've been head over heels for this guy. Dennis has been too!" I smile, happy for my best friend. Well I can definitely say our squad is not staying single for long. "Ill just wait for you to come back, we can't just talk over the phone. Mom isn't paying for my data just for this one call." Claire giggles, ending the call.

I tuck the phone back into my back pocket, walking back to Kyle. "Where the fuck is that black and yellow son of a-," Kyle begins looking around for the bee. I laugh, "Calm down. Let's get back, it's our last day here and I want to make the most of it." Kyle squints, "You want to spend the last day here in Hawaii?" I nod, grabbing his hand. "Yes, it's humid out here and I just want some decent AC."

It's been almost two days since we got back from Hawaii, meaning Claire and Dennis were official. Kyle had been spending much more time with me, since Miranda is back. It turns out, Miranda and Kyle actually had a lot of shit in common. Now, we're spending so quality time together on the couch in the living room with a marathon is Pretty Little Liars. Kyle hated how everything had a cliffhanger, he's not very patient, but now he's slowly loving it.

"Ooh, Wren is so hot." Miranda points out to the scene where Wren and Spencer are kissing. Daniel scoffs, looking at Wren, "I look much better than him." Miranda rolls her eyes, lightly punching his shoulder. "Sure you are."

"Guys, you are gross." I laugh, eating a piece of buttered popcorn. Miranda pauses the episode, "I leave for literally 2 and a half months and you get a boyfriend? You must spill." Daniel smirks, leaning back into the couch. "Come on, spill it. How did a Davis get a boyfriend so quickly?"

I turn a tint of red, moving a piece of hair behind my ear. "Well, he was a jerk at first like any other boy, but somehow I could see past that especially when he saved me from that fire." I explain to them. When Miranda got back and I told her about Sunni's dad issue, she immediately filed a police report. Sunni on the other hand, had been doing everything she can to stop her dad from killing me.

"Aw." Miranda gushes.

"Ew." Daniel sips his cola.

"Shut up, Daniel." I stick my tongue out at him, Daniel doing the same. "You both are such kids and I wouldn't want it any other way." Miranda kisses her boyfriend on the cheek and messing up my hair. "Miranda, did you get the job?" I ask totally forgetting about why she went in the first place.

Miranda looks at Daniel, taking a small sip of his cola. "They said the interview I gave out was fantastic but they also had someone else who did exceptionally well, so they'll keep me on hold." I frown, Miranda wanted the job so badly, even if it means leaving me to be living with Ashley.

"Oh! What does Ashley look like? Does she still look like a bitch?" Miranda giggles, which triggers my giggle. "Yup, it runs in the family. But don't worry, her husband isn't as good looking as Daniel though." I answer pointing to Daniel's face. "Thanks, I guess?" Daniel shrugs, zoned out until this moment.

"Meh, anyways Kyle isn't that bad at all. I mean aside from that one time he greeted me as mom but other than that, he's okay." Miranda pats my head. I smile, I'm so glad she likes him. Especially with Kyle's reputation I wouldn't have thought of Miranda liking him. I guess we got a thing for bad boys.

"Hey, you up?" I hear a small whisper from my window. I merely open my eyes thinking the it's the neighbors. "Emma!" The same whispers says but this time a quiet shout. I finally stir, sitting up.

2:48 am the green lights shone.

I rub my eyes, my vision a bit blurry from the darkness. But who I can see very clearly, is my one and only boyfriend struggling to stay put on my balcony window.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper shout, mostly shout at him. "First help me up and I'll explain." Kyle whispers, trying to get his foot inside. I sigh, grabbing his arms to lift him up.

Once he was in, I sit on my bed, still half asleep. "Now explain." Kyle sits beside me, taking off his black hoodie. "Well, I didn't tell you this but I've been working with a friend with mine who's in the force. We've been tracking down the text messages to where they're being sent and we got something."

Yes, we can put this man behind bars for good.

"He's been inside your house this whole time."