13: The New Girl

"Easy for a good girl to go bad, but once she's gone, there's no way back."

Emma:

"Oh my god." I hear the mutters and mumbles of local sluts whispering to their friends. I look at Claire who looks just as equally fabulous as me, hold her head up high. I turn to look straight, the nonexistent wind blow our hairs. I look to my right which Riley is there with Blair's designer bag of which she borrowed. I smile, looking at Sunni and her friends. "Girls," Sunni says and looks at Emily who blows a bubble in her gum.

"Em, I'm sorry." Sunni says lowly. It seems as if she doesn't want anyone to know Queen S is apologizing to a commoner. "Sorry isn't enough." I say pushing her aside, and I literally mean aside, to the lockers. Emily and Lilith gasp out loud, running over to help Sunni. Wish I could say sorry, but I don't say sorry.

"Thanks." I hear Claire thank a jock who helped carry her history book to her class. "See? Isn't this the life?" I say smiling at Riley and Claire. "It is better to sit at the popular table than near the trash can." Riley speaks up, giggling. I nod, "I'm going to head to class. I'll see you guys at lunch?" Claire and Riley both nod, walking away laughing at all the jocks that begin to crowd at them.

One step closer to getting rid of Sunni.

"Em, can we talk?" I hear Kyle ask from behind me, grabbing ahold of my forearm to stop me. I sigh, to look at him. In fact, I can't even face him anymore. "We are talking. And now we're done." I yank away his arm to continue walking. But to my surprise, Kyle grabs ahold of my arm once more to stop me.

"I mean, let's talk." Kyle says his eyes pleading for me to say something. "Fine. 2 minutes." I look at my phone then at Kyle. He takes a small sigh, "Look. I know I mean something to you. Whatever you said about me not meaning anything to you, I know you were lying. We've only met like a month ago but I know you Emma. I know when you're lying." Kyle then takes a small step away. "I'll see you tonight at the charity ball."

Then he leaves.

Kyle~

I walk away. I walked away because I couldn't look at Emma without my thoughts getting scattered around. "Dude, have you seen Emma? Holy shit." Bryson says looking at his phone. Well rumors spread quick around these halls, Emma had gone bat shit crazy and was chasing after Sunni's title. Let's just say, Emma does not look at all different.

"Yes, I've seen her. I think you're forgetting but she lives with me." I say shaking my head as the freshmen girls wink at me. "Bad memory." Bryson shrugs, looking at the freshmen girls and winks at them. Oh boy, poor freshmen don't even know they're freshmeat for Bryson.

"Jordan, you son of a bitch." I hear Emma shout out in the hallways. The sound of her voice more demanding, more powerful, than the soft, gentle voice I was used to hearing. I turn to face the noise, with Bryson texting in our group chat. "You really think you can get all these sluts," Emma takes a moment to look at the lower class men. "To get in your pants? Well you've got another thing coming." Emma says in a voice you wouldn't normally hear her say. But she said it. "Em, I really like her. Even if she's a sophomore." Jordan grabs Emma's forearm. Then a loud smack echoes the hallway.

"You said that to me. Even if I'm a few months younger." Emma says with her voice cracked, just like that night when I broke her. Jordan looks down, then at this blonde girl by his side, then back at Emma. Jordan slowly wraps his arm around the blonde girl, kissing her. Pulling away, Jordan says, "It's different. You're different."

Emma storms off like a meatball caught in a vegan restaurant. I watch as Claire and Riley chase after her, then I turn back to Bryson. "Well, that's something." Bryson says looking up from his phone to me. I nod, gripping my backpack looking at Jordan. A sudden anger rises from me, which I did not know why. I run over to Jordan, grabbing him by his shirt collar. "Kyle!" I hear Bryson shout as he runs over.