3: Claire's New Friend

The next morning wasn't as good as the night. The hangover was absolutely a living hell, I just wanted to sleep, watch Netflix, and relax. But no, Kim had to throw the party on a Thursday.

"Emma! Wake up, it's almost time for school." Miranda enters my room, shouting on the top of her lungs. "Calm down, leave me alone." I sigh, sitting up on my bed and walking over to the bathroom.

"You better finish on time, I don't want to be driving after 8." Miranda loudly sighs from the outside of my door.

I giggle, walking into the bathroom. I did my usual routine, putting on whatever looked clean. I toss my hair in a high ponytail, put some eyeliner on my eyes then I'm out.

"Miranda!" I run down the stairs with my converse in one hand, an apple in the other.

"Geez, I'm coming!" Miranda grabs her car keys from the counter and we both bolt out the door. Sitting in the passenger's seat, I immediately saw raindrops splash onto the windshield.

"Damn." Miranda curses, driving to my KDP High School. I run through the rain, with my history book in my hands. Seeing the hallway still packed gave me a bit of relief.

"I am so dead." Claire stumbles to me with her legs wobbling. "So am I." I open my locker, putting my binder and all the other bullshit inside.

"Oh, I made a friend from Kim's party." Claire tosses her blonde hair over her shoulder, revealing this girl. Not just any girl, it's Riley Peters. The golden girl who everyone loves. My childhood best friend since second grade until she moved to Colorado a few years into sixth grade.

"Riley!" I squealed happily, my grin all over my face.

"Emma?" Riley asked once I engulfed her in a bear hug. "Jesus, you have gotten stronger since I saw you."

She's right, back in sixth grade I could even lift a milk carton. "Riley, shut up. Claire should be the one who shows you around our school, considering I get lost. And I'm a senior!" I look over at Claire who gives out a small wave.

"Love too, come on Riles." Claire links hands with Riley who mouths a goodbye before strutting down the hallway full of lockers.

"She's cute, who is she?" Kyle's familiar voice speaks from behind me. I turned around facing him, with him biting his lip watching Riley move down the hallway in her tight pencil skirt.

"You pervert. That's Riley, an old friend." I say punching his arm. A small groan comes from him as he rubs his forearm. "Whatever her name is, she's hot." Kyle says before leaving to his locker.

I follow him to his locker obviously intrigued, Kyle has never dated anyone before. Just flings, maybe Riley could be the first?

"Well," I pause seeing that Kyle nodded off a girl who was sultry standing by his locker. I cleared my throat to get rid of the awkwardness. "How about you actually talk to Riley, instead of watching her like some creep."

Kyle pulls out his history book, "Oh Emma wouldn't we love that? The thing is I don't have the hots for her. I said she looks hot, I didn't say I'd date her." Closing his locker, Kyle walks away to whatever he's going to be doing.

"Whatever." I say turning my back to the dreadful English Literature AP. I honestly have no idea how I got into AP.

Opening the door I could see Sunni and her small group of friends huddled to talk about lord knows what. Probably the guys they'll fuck next.

"Don't bother with them, they're bitches." Jordan Hugh, from the party, said from behind me in a quiet whisper. I nod my head, walking over to my seat.

The bell rings the second Jordan drops his books on the table in front of me, making Sunni and her bitches to quietly sit in the back. The back of the classroom was reserved for the sluts, manwhores, and druggies. Honestly, whenever I get to the back when I'm passing out papers, the strong scent of weed and cheap perfume smacks my face.

"Hi Class, open your books to page 280." Miss Reedy said with her glasses almost falling off her face. I quickly turned my page to the assigned page, looking up ready for instructions. Only to be greeted with Danny Cavanaugh's face.

"Hey, there's that bitch who's coming to sit with you." He said tilting his head over to Sunni's sister.

The only sound that came out of my mouth was a gasp. My seat was the only seat with an extra seat beside me.

"Heh, good luck." Danny turns around before Miss Reedy could spot another misfit that she'll have to send to the office. I'm not ready to go back into the office just yet. "Hi," Sunni's sister, Ginni, whispered as she set her books down on the seat right beside me. I mouthed a quick hi before turning my attention to the board.

After that boring lesson of lord knows what, I finally meet up with Claire after a long overdue girls' night.

"You bitch, you better not sleep on me like last time!" Claire playfully punches my arm with her rose ring making the impact on my frail skin. "Claire," I pause to rub my skin with a pout. "You know how sensitive my skin is."

Claire giggles, "That's why I did it. Now I arranged my mom to let us rent Pitch Perfect 2, considering mom thinks movies rot your mind, this is a pretty special girls' night." That true, when we were little we weren't even allowed to watch Bratz because of Claire's mom. She thought when we grew up, we'd get lip injections.

So we ended up watching Barbie movies until we were 15.

"This is pretty freaking special." I mutter with a smile hidden under my chestnut locks. "Hun, I'll see you after school with Riley? I invited her too if you were wondering. I know how brilliant of me." Claire does her signature three blow kisses before strutting down the hallway and to a bathroom.

Riley? I wouldn't mind. That girl was a total party animal. Partly because her brother is a senior in college, getting into the best frat parties of the century. "Geez, you seem like a total weirdo. Can you stop?" Kyle's muscular voice snaps me out my trance.

My eyes widen to see Kyle leaning over a locker just to get a better look of me. "Ever heard of personal space?" I say with a smirk. Kyle throws his letterman's jacket over his shoulder with his cocked eyebrow. "Ever heard of me? I get what I want." I shudder at the fact that he had the nerve to just spit it in my face.

"And what is it that you want? A girlfriend? Cause you can't get one with that attitude." I crossed my arms over my hips ready for whatever he spits out. A second goes by, Two seconds go by, then three seconds went by. Kyle Ploan doesn't have a comeback.

"My point exactly. Now, what is it that you must snap me out of my thoughts?" I smile victoriously. Kyle clears his throat, "I need help."

Pinch me, I'm having a definite dream. Kyle Ploan is asking a girl like me for help.

"What kind of help?" I ask clearly confused about the situation going on. Kyle licks his lips as if he doesn't want to ever say the words that shall befall on his lips.

"I need a girlfriend."

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNN..

Poor Kyle needing a girlfriend. But why? And who?

Sorry for taking so long to update, been caught with a nasty cold but I'm back to feeling better.

Casting:

Emma Davis: Barbara Palvin
Kyle Ploan: Francisco Lachowski
Claire Githes: Candice Swanepoel
Sunni Valentines: Selena Gomez
Michael Thompson: Ryan Fredrick
Emily Bari: Kendall Jenner
Miranda Davis: Gigi Hadid
Lilith Parisons: Cara Delevingne
Jordan Hugh: Chace Crawford