4: That Jawline Could Cut Diamonds

A smile is the best makeup a girl could wear.
~ Barbara Palvin

Honestly I never thought I would be standing here on a Friday, at 1:46 pm near Kyle's locker and have him talk about needing a girlfriend. The worse part about this is probably how much I'm going to regret this later on. "What do you say Emma? Find me the perfect girl and I'll find you the perfect guy." Kyle smirks with a small bit of desperation in his jungle green eyes.

"It's a deal you got." I lent my hand out for him to shake which he shook without hesitation. Wait, the people I only know was Claire and Riley. Claire couldn't be the one for Kyle considering Claire has a bitchy attitude when it comes to fuck boys. It would be too much for the school to even handle with the bickering Claire would impose. 

"I got the perfect match for you." I say, rubbing my palms together with a devilish smile.

"She better be cute." Kyle informs me before heading to the lunch area.

Don't worry she will be.

Thank the gods school ended right when Mrs. Scott began talking about giving us homework. Sometimes the universe is in my hands.

"Hey Claire!" I wave at my best friend who is giggling with Riley. They must be getting to know each other from the looks of their conversation.

 I suddenly hear Claire's voice ring out once more,"Emma, watch out!" I immediately turn my head to see what was happening, only to see a skateboard flying through the air.

A terrified scream escaped my mouth as I preapare for my death. I want to say goodbye to my sister, that bitch who once stuffed whipped cream in my bra, but I love her dearly. I re-open my eyes to meet blue ones.

Oh hello there. His jawline tenses up the moment I open my eyes. His smiling face seems to be relieved as he chuckled. My, his parents must have really good genes. It was like his face was sculpted by the gods.

"You okay? You must've been really clumsy if you didn't see my skateboard." Michael's voice snaps me out from what people would call checking out, but I would call it investigating. I definitely should be in pain, after the skateboard hitting the absolute hell out of my back. Somehow, I'm not.

"I-uh-what?" I stand up from his arms to see his skateboard a bright yellow. Wow, I need glasses.

"Oh my shitting God!" Claire rushes over to me with Riley trailing behind me. They had the total look of surprise on their face, worry rushing over me. Did it hit me that hard?

"Michael, nice meeting you again." I smiled lightly, tossing my hair over my shoulder. 

"Yeah well, be careful next time. See you later clumsy." Michael waves me off as he rides down the street to what seems like apartments. Hard to seem that all of that happened in a mere moment of seconds.

"Was that Michael Thompson?" I hear Riley ask, poking my shoulder as she did. Nodding, I can already hear Claire squealing in my right ear. "Last time I saw him he was poking his nose in kindergarten." Riley laughed loudly with a snort followed afterwards. That is gross, but who didn't poke their nose in kindergarten? 

"His jawline is literally what makes him one of the best jocks around!" Claire states, dreamily sighing. "It's so sharp, he could possibly cut diamonds with it."

"He's okay. I guess." I shrugged, picking up my vibrating phone. Maybe I did lie a little bit, he was more than okay to the eyes. 

Unknown Caller: "Nice Guy Emma. He's my best friend so I suggest you should not be clumsy around him". ~Kyle

How the hell did he get my cell number?

He's Kyle Ploan, he can literally get anything he wants, so maybe my number was in a phone book. Perhaps Claire gave it to him? They do have some classes together. Or it was possible as to the resources of impressionable people he's got wrapped around his finger that gave it to him.