7: Bro Code

Boys are more confusing than girls. -Tumblr

I heard gasps on one side of Kyle and from my side was Claire's loud scream along with Riley's scream. "What the fuck! Emma?" Claire screams excitedly, her voice so high I think the my ears popped due to her angelic voice. I can sense how Kyle is chuckling, stopping me in front of Claire and Riley.
Then the murmurs came.

"Such a slut!"

"I bet she slept with Kyle for his money!"

"Poor Kyle fell into her trap."

Enough to make me cringe but from riding on a motorcycle with Kyle, I gained some confidence. I mean who wouldn't when they're riding with one of the baddest boys?

"Em, you might pass High School with every girl's dream." Claire announces, flipping her golden blonde hair. Riley nods along, her face covered in cosmetics. "How so?" I put my book over my shoulders, as we walk down the hallway. "Kyle! Duh!" Riley interrupts with her innocent face now confident. Like me.

"Gross. Who the hell would want Kyle?" I say knowing well enough he has a fan club, t shirts for sale, and even a coffee mug with his face on it. Claire scoffs, "Everyone! What is wrong with you?" I shrug, Claire knows I never had a fondness for guys.

"Claire, Emma is just not into Kyle. Maybe she's more into Michael." Riley smiles, flipping her chestnut hair over her shoulder. I blush lightly, stopping at my locker. "Guys leave me alone." I chuckle, opening my locker. Inside was my personal diary. Pictures of me and Claire hung on each side of the locker along with some of Riley's. My books on one side, some extra clothes on the other, just in case Sunni and her friends decide to spill soup on me again.

"Fine, we will." Claire giggles, walking down the hallway with Riley by her side.

Kyle POV

"Why are you making it harder for me?" I say looking at Michael who decides to just drop in and save Emma from falling. "It's the point. What do you expect man?" Michael punches my shoulder. Currently we were in the back, hidden from the headmaster. We just didn't feel like taking a test in fourth period.

I take a deep breath in, "Well I can take anything on. Emma, she moved into my house since her sister is away." I inform Michael, thinking the information is useful. I'm thinking its gotta be. Anything that comes out of my mouth is right.

"Hm, befriend her then crush her soul." Michael chuckles flipping his hair. I lean back onto the wall, hearing the bell rings which signals lunch. "Well that escalated quickly." I say looking down at the gravel underneath my combat boots. "How 'bout we get lunch? That sure to get some brain cells working." Michael cocks his head towards the students filling the common area, the lawn, and some druggies from behind the school.

"And how would you know what triggers brain cells?" I laugh, heading to the lunch room with Michael close behind. Inside was already chaos. Food war was unleashed, I saw Bryson on one side throwing Mac and cheese at Dennis who was tightly holding Claire in his hands. Claire's screams were loud and definitely was most of the sound in the room. Nice Dennis, like the girl whom I'm supposed to break.

"What the fuck?" I look over to Michael who had a slice of chocolate cheesecake slide down his face in utter horror. Then the screams from the corner of the room got me.

"Emma you piece of shit!"

"You weren't made for this school!"

"You were an accident!"

All from Sunni, Emily, or Lilith. And I watched as the girl whom I was trying to break, broke down. "Get her out of here." Michael says pointing to Emma who looked as if her world was crumbling down. I walk up behind her, earning no food to my body which the food throwing stopped.

"No she isn't." I place my hand on her shoulder which Sunni looked utterly surprised. I bet she wasn't even going to see this coming. Neither did I. Emma's face turned towards me, her eyes glassy and ready to just cry.

"Come on, let's get out of here." I say looking over my shoulder for my friends to come over. Dennis, Bryson, and Michael comes over with Claire and Riley. Emma nods, as we all leave to the common area outside.

"Gosh, how could I be so stupid?" Emma buries her face into her small hands. "It's okay, Emma." Claire comforts her crying friend. I shake my head, digging out a cigarette from my back pocket. "Can you please do that somewhere else?" Riley turns to look at me, annoyed.

"No can do, I need it and want it now." I say lighting it up, earning some disgusted looks from Emma, Riley, and Dennis. "Dude, say something to her." Bryson cocks his head over to Emma who has now calmed down. I take a long breather of my cigarette, walking over to Emma.

"Uh why don't you guys get cleaned up?" Dennis says looking at Riley and Claire who was covered with bits of food. "I got it." I say nodding them away. Claire sends me a death glare, it's no wonder Dennis fell for her. He must have a thing for bad girls.

"Hey, what did Sunni say to you?" I ask cautiously, not knowing how Emma would react. She shook her head, hair covering her tear soaked face. Wow..did she always have blue eyes?

"Said I was a lying bitch." She spat, anger rising in her small body. I can feel the tension in the air thicken up. I pat her shoulder, turning my head to Michael who is still wiping the cheesecake off his face. Michael slowly mouths out, 'Hug her'

I shake my head. I am not hugging Emma, first of all and most importantly, she's covered in food. Michael rolls his eyes, mouthing, 'Do it.' I look back at Emma who wiped her eyes and seemed to be calming down from the food fight. "Feeling any better?" I ask sneaking my hand around her shoulder, an almost hugging position.

Emma slowly nods, looking up at me. "Why are you being so helpful all of the sudden?" And that scared the shit out of me. I can't let her know about the bet, my reputation will be ruined if she ever found out. I shrug, simply replying, "I feel like a nice guy today."

A small nod comes out from her, releasing some sighs. "Are you McDonald's? Cause honey, I'm loving it. I'm Bryson, your new best friend." He decides this is a perfect time to drop himself onto this situation. "I'm Emma, if you didn't know that already." She places a hair behind her ear, smiling. Don't smile. He's nothing more than a playboy.

He's better than you, Kyle.

"And Michael." Bryson thrusts his thumb over to Michael's way who waves, then returning to texting. Emma smiles, as if her crying a minute ago never happened. As if me almost hugging her never happened.

"Em!" Claire rushes back over with Dennis right behind her. "Where's Riley?" I ask noticing a girl short in this club of ours. "She had to see a teacher." Claire says looking at me then at Emma. "What?" Emma looks at Claire, who gently blushes on some makeup onto Emma.

I've actually never seen her wear more than eyeliner, mascara, and blush. Seems as if Claire is making her into Sunni. "Guess what happened to your arch-enemy!" Claire exclaims and we all turn our heads to Claire. I look at Michael who has abruptly stopped texting to listen in. "Let me guess, she ran out of lipgloss." Michael spits out.

"Or maybe she broke a nail!" Bryson exclaims mocking Michael's tone. I chuckle, looking at Claire who giggles. Emma notices this and smirks. "No you idiots, Sunni got suspended for causing a food fight." Claire says clapping excitedly. Emma laughs, whooping loudly. I join in, and Bryson even holds onto Claire's shoulder.

I watch as Dennis turns a bright red, huffing and standing behind Michael, having no emotion. "Someone's not having fun over there." I say looking over at Dennis, then at Bryson who takes his hand off Claire. Bro code.