22: Dance Champ

Be a hot girlfriend and an even hotter ex

Kyle~

I smile, her laugh mesmerizing me to my core. The memory of our kiss from a mere hour ago, still burning on my lips. "Anyone got an extra dollar?" Bryson shouts out and we all burst out laughing. We're currently spending the afternoon in the arcade which is conveniently in the mall. Claire and Riley had gone off to be shopping. I'm left with Bryson, Dennis and Emma. Ken is getting a nice date from the flight attendant so he's the only one having fun out here.

Bryson had been losing the dance battle to Emma who is laughing at how much money he's spending to have a rematch. "Bryson, you'll be broke after this. I suggest you stop and just declare Emma the dance champ." Dennis says holding an invisible crown to put on Emma's head. "You have got to teach me how you're so good so in the future when my kids challenge me to this, they'll think 'oh dad can't do shit we can totally win.' But instead I'll break out my mad skills of dancing, fucking up their tiny little brains." Bryson finishes making both Dennis and Emma have that 'what the fuck' look.

I chuckle, walking over from the gum ball machine. "As if Bryson will ever get married." Dennis nods, punching Bryson's shoulder. "I don't know Kyle. Maybe he and Riley might become something." Emma whispers, her small giggles making my stomach turn. I'm going soft. Shit.

"Hey, Riley loves me! Maybe in 5 years I'll ask her to marry me and we'll have six kids." Bryson taps his chin, having it all planned out. "Six kids? That's kinda harsh on her dude." Dennis shakes his head. "Nah, don't worry about her. Just five years guys, wish her luck." Bryson chuckles. We all walk out from the arcade and into a fro-yo shop.

"Free samples!" Emma gushes as she grabs like ten of those. "Em, you know I can buy some for you right?" I pause walking, laughing. I take some from her hands, helping her out. She shrugs, licking the frozen yogurt clean from its small container. "Yeah but why make you pay for it when I can get it for free?" Emma says throwing the empty container away. "She's got a point dude." Bryson laughs, punching my arm.

Emma smiles victoriously, continuing to eat the fro-yo. I scoff, following them to the next stop. "Oooooooh!" Bryson exclaims and Dennis puts a hand on his chest. "Dude," Dennis holds out the shirt which says, I really like food. Like more than people. "I'm fucking getting this." Dennis says running over to the cashier.

We enter the shop, my eyes wandering over ago Emma who is looking at the necklaces and bracelets. Her eyes so fixed on a necklace, as she places the necklace on her chest. She smiles into the mirror, twirling around proudly. "Dude, stop staring." Bryson stands beside me, leaning on the wall.

"I can't, she's just stare material." I say my eyes still fixed on Emma. "I heard about the failed next level relationship." Bryson mumbles and I immediately look over at him. How did he know? "So? She's not ready and I don't blame her. She's so used to being independent, it'll take her a long time to adjust having another person in her life." I cross my arms, Dennis and Emma both done with checking out their items.

"True, Riley was like that. Until she knew I was going to be in her life no matter what happens." Bryson props himself off the wall. "You really like her don't you?" I smile at Bryson who fumbles with his fingers. "More like love, but it's too early to even say the 'l' word to her face." I nod, smiling as Emma is running towards me.

"Look what I found!" She hands out an 'Emma' necklace which is beautifully decorated. "It looks nice on you." I smile, and Emma's face grows into a smirk. "I'm not wearing it though." Dennis and Bryson both snicker from behind me, making me even more nervous than before. Damn it, snap out of it Kyle. Man up.

"I meant to say, it would look really nice on you." Nice, I saved myself from what could've been years of torture from Bryson. "It would because everything looks good on me." Emma quickly puts on the necklace, her face lit up like a little girl who got a barbie on Christmas Day. It does look good on her. Everything does.

"Guys, Riley and Claire are done with their shopping spree. Let's pick them up." Dennis informs us, snapping me back to reality. "Yeah, I could use some girl bonding time with my girls." Emma quickly walks with Bryson and Dennis. "You coming dude?" Bryson looks behind and I run up with them.

"I can't believe it was 50% off!" Claire gushes over some blouses that she apparently found for such a good price. Emma sighs, clearly uninterested of Claire talking about clothes being half priced. Bryson bangs his head on the table, making Claire death glare him. "We get it, you got clothes and more than you'll ever need." Bryson says, his head still on the table.

"Shut up, you wouldn't know great fashion. Right Ken?" Claire smirks and Ken nods from the sofa. "Em, how about we head downstairs to the bar?" I stand up, bored of just being in the my room. Emma quickly perks up, nodding. "Sorry Claire, but I'm dying for a drink." Emma says strained and I already know she's lying.

We both head downstairs to the bar, which has a surprising amount of people here. "Uh a beer and," I look over at Emma for her order. "Ice tea please." She smiles as sit down on the bar stools. "No alcohol?" I smirk, Emma's face going red. "Well, after that party where I was apparently drugged, I'm thinking a break from alcohol. And what about you, no cigarettes?" She's got me there. Ever since she said that cigarettes are gross and bad for you, I'm trying to quit. I mean, I'm having less than I usually have so that's a positive,

"Your beer and ice tea." The bartender says, sliding our drinks to us. I sip the beer and my eyes slowly wander to Emma. Damn, I've fallen hard. Too hard. "It seems just like yesterday when you saved me from that food fight." Emma smiles, propping her head onto her hand. "Yeah, thank goodness I did too or someone would've used the mystery meat as a weapon." I chuckle, making Emma giggle.

"Hey, I've got a question. Riley told me in our text that you wanted to become a model?" I ask, Riley did actually text me that when Emma was still conspiring on how to ruin Sunni's life and mine. "Yeah, I do but it seems like not the right time yet. Maybe after high school." Emma sips her ice tea. "Well, tell me cause I would pay shit tons to see you walk down the runway." I laugh jokingly. "Besides graduation is in like 2 weeks. I think I got this whole modeling thing down." Emma smiles finishing up her ice tea.

I chug down my beer, refreshing my taste buds. Emma jumps off the stool, and I literally mean jump. She's like 5'9 so pretty short since I'm 6'3. We walk outside for some air when Emma stops me. "I got off the phone with Miranda before we got off the plane and she told me she'll be coming back in the next few days." I pause in my tracks not knowing to say. I'll miss having her live with me but on the other hand, I can meet Miranda, her sister.

"Well I guess you'll have to move out then. I can help, you know." I smirk, my head cocking over to the side. "Hm true. But I'll definitely miss living with you." Emma pats my cheek. "Who wouldn't? It's every girls dream to live with me." I say, Emma giggling. "Then I guess I'm pretty lucky." Emma's face suddenly comes closer.

Shit. Shit. Is my breath okay? How's my hair? We're about to kiss probably and I still to have lost all of my shit.

"To answer your question, I'll say yes."