8: Kiss But Don't Tell

"No girl should ever change for a boy."

I sat on my bed, Claire and Riley eying my closet. Gosh, please don't make us go shopping again! Last time we went I clearly remember me passing out in ColdStone. Let's just say I was not in a mood to shop.

"You have absolutely nothing." Claire declares with a defeated sigh, plopping on my beanbag. Riley on the other hand, was still hanging onto hope. Since Sunni and her bitches threw an endless array of food at me, Claire set up a plan.

1. Overthrow Sunni as the Queen Bee and I become one.
2. Date a jock.

The only thing is, I don't have much knowledge on how to defeat Sunni herself. The bet with me and Kyle, finding him the perfect girl has been going smoothly. Apparently, he's on a blind date I set him up with, Claire suggested to me.

"How about badass Emma?" Riley asks, turning towards me and Claire who eye each other. Do I really look like a badass? I heard a throat clear, "Preppy Emma?" Thank you Claire.

Riley smirks, rubbing her palms together. "I got just the thing." Me and Claire look at each other, equally confused at the situation until Riley pulls out a duffel bag. I wouldn't be so surprised if there's a dead body in there. "I thought we were gonna have a sleepover tonight. So, I brought clothes I didn't need. Emma, here." She hands me a bag filled with goodies that any girl would scream over. Claire did.

"Yes! Just wait 'till Sunni and her bitches get sight of you!" Claire squeals excitedly, jumping on my bed, Riley beside her. I laugh, tossing them a teddy bear. "Stop!"

"How was the date?" I ask Kyle who is just entered the door at 9, somewhat 3 hours later from his date. I pause my movie, The Vow check it out, to look at Kyle. "It was-," he pauses to lick his lips. "Interesting. But she's not my type." Then he sits beside me.

"Well Kyle, who's your type?" I ask, looking at him. He was already looking at me, which made my stomach flip. Fuck the butterflies, I feel the entire zoo in my stomach right now. I noticed the small features I never noticed he had. The small freckles sprinkled on his cheeks, a ting of red on his cheeks, those green orbs we call eyes. And that smirk..

Snap out of it! He's way out your league!

Then why is he leaning in?

Kyle~

Kiss her, Kyle.

I don't wanna.

Those lips were better than to touch mine, the ones who've been making out with Sunni the last three years.

But you'll win the bet.

I will.

I watch as her small blue eyes close, I may or may not really enjoy this right now. I close my eyes, a small gasp coming out of Emma's mouth as my lips cover hers. Gosh, she tastes like strawberries and mint.

Anything for the bet. I never lose to Bryson.

Her tiny arms slowly wrap against my neck, mine moving to her waist, drawing her closer to me. This magical moment, feels like forever when in real standard time, it only lasted 10 seconds. Emma was first to move away, a small tint of red on her cheeks as she gently bites her lip.

"So, do you do this often? Go on dates then kiss?" Emma smiles innocently. I shake my head, chuckling. "I'm heading upstairs to take a shower. We can talk later." I say standing up, and running up the stairs.