Shah Rukh Khan

"I don't really get this," I gesture to the buffet table full of food whilst holding Kajol close to me. Her parents have invited us round along with Tanishaa, Rani and Karan but I have no idea why.
"Because they want to get to know you a bit more," Kajol laughs rolling her eyes yet again. Still I'm confused why invite us for a buffet?
"Mmm I'm not convinced," I smile at her. Kajol still hasn't told her parents she's pregnant but after the scan at the start of this week I've been trying to get her to tell them. She can get away with baggy clothes though and nobody bats an eyelid-even if she's wearing one of my shirts tonight to cover up her growing stomach.
"Guys charades," Tanishaa rushes through the dining room and into the living room. I've heard famous things about the Mukherjee households charades.
"C'mon," I whisper in Kajol's ear before she can disentangle herself from my hug, "let's tell them now before we start to play." Kajol's smile drops from her face and she shakes her head furiously.
"No, not yet," that's what Kajol always says. I don't exactly know what she's waiting for. I let Kajol detach herself and follow her into the living room. She plops herself as gracefully as possible for someone who's over five months pregnant onto the sofa next to Karan. That's when an idea hits me. If Kajol's not going to tell her parents maybe they could 'guess' she's pregnant?
"Let's do people in this room!" I burst looking around at the faces on the sofa. Shomu shrugs with an appreciative expression on his face-he evidently likes the idea. For most of the evening Shomu has been avoiding me or giving me looks across the room but I don't know why? I've not done anything to offend him, but knowing Shomu I probably have without even realising it!
"Go on then," Rani laughs and I move into the centre of the room in front of the sofa. I wave my hands from the top of my head to my shoulders, indicating long hair.
"Girl?" Karan guesses and I nod, that's when Kajol's mouth begins to widen into an 'o' and she starts to shake her head so only I can see but there's no going back now. I proceed to making a dome over my belly with my hands then pretending to cradle a baby. A lot of the faces go blank but Kajol's goes a slight tinge of pink and she closes her eyes. I copy my actions another two times looking at Kajol when her mum claps her hands.
"I don't think that's anyone in the room," Kajol gets off the sofa and walks up to me, "let's get a drink." She gestures to the kitchen with her head but it's too late.
"Kajol!" Her mum squeaks and Kajol mouths 'I hate you' before plastering on a smile and turning round. She chews her bottom lip before nodding her head slowly anticipating what her mums going to ask.
"Your pregnant!" Tanishaa shouts excitedly and jumps off the sofa followed by Rani and Karan.
"Yeah," Kajol smiles and elbows me gently in the side. I put my arm around her waist and kiss the top of her head.
"Oh mi gosh!" Her mum exclaims pulling us both into a bear hug, "I'm so happy for you!" I cough as the air is pushed out of me by Tanuja's arms. The only person who doesn't seem at all happy is Shomu who's sat on the sofa still with his arms crossed.
"Babu?" Kajol furrows her eyebrows and takes a step towards him as Tanishaa hugs me followed by Rani.
"So you get my daughter pregnant whilst still seeing your ex-wife huh?" Shomu says slowly and methodically.
"Pardon?" I stumble. What's he on about? Now it's my turn to furrow my eyebrows.
"You didn't think anyone knew," Shomu smirks, "I've seen you with Gauri and that baby you tried to convince us wasn't yours but you seemed very fatherly to it. What's it called? Suhana?" I gulp and look at Kajol who's just staring at me with a 'he's joking right?' smile on her lips. Now I understand the avoiding and looks across the room. I had tried to be so careful meeting up with Gauri but evidently not careful enough. I had offended Shomu without even knowing it!
"I can explain," I say and the tension in the room hits its peak. Kajol stares at me the smile slowly slipping off her face, as Shomu gets up off the sofa and walks out of the room. Tanuja looks from me to Kajol before guiding Rani, Tanishaa and Karan out of the room and shutting the door firmly behind her.
"You always seem to be able to explain," Kajol laughs sarcastically rooted to the spot.