Confused?

Shah Rukh Khan P.O.V

"What's up with you?" I ask as Kajol huffs onto the sofa.
"Nothing," she shrugs turning the TV on. I put the plate I had been putting in the dishwasher down and go to the sofa.
"What's up?" I ask again slumping onto the sofa next to her. Kajol furrows her eyebrows and pushes her lips to one side making me smile.
"You wouldn't understand," Kajol moans flicking the TV from channel to channel. I grab the remote off her and hold it up in the air.
"Try me," I laugh as she tries to grab it off me. Kajol sits on me and tries to force my arm down so I kiss her neck making her laugh. She finally gives up the quest for the remote and drops her arm and her head, so she's not looking at me.
"I had my period last month," she sighs. I put the remote next to me and place my arms around her waist.
"And that's bad why?" I ask unsure of what she's on about.
"It's not," she says looking at me. I smile at her. I don't know why she's so annoyed she's been on the pill for the last two months. She kisses me before climbing off me and going to the dishwasher. I've only been allowed home for this week from filming and I think Kajol hates being in the apartment alone, especially with the nursery next to our room. I feel bad leaving her here but I can't get the director to change his mind so I'll just have to be grateful he gives me time off to visit Kajol. I get up off the sofa and turn the TV off. I walk towards Kajol and take the cup she's holding off her and put it on the side. It's five o'clock on my last day and I don't want to be loading a dishwasher.
"Let's go for dinner," I smile and Kajol smiles back.
"Okay," she shrugs.

********************

Kajol P.O.V.

I sit on the bed for the third time this year and it's only March. I watch as the seconds on the clock tick by until a minute is up. I look at the stick. Two blue lines. Maybe it's lying to me. Every time I've done this test it has said positive and then a couple of days later I've started my period. I check the other stick and watch as two blue lines appear, so I resort to the last and most expensive pregnancy test. The screen flashes up positive 3 weeks. I walk back into the bathroom with all three tests and shove them into the black carrier bag. I look in the mirror. I look so different, so desperate. Well I am desperate. I desperately want to be able to tell Shah Rukh I'm pregnant and see his face light up, desperately want to pick up the phone and book a scan, I desperately want to be able to go into the nursery and feel happy! I watch as the tears escape my eyes. I have had to deal with two miscarriages already this year, I don't think I can deal with another by myself. I hear the phone ring and wipe my tears furiously. I storm into the living room and grab the phone.
"What!" I shout down it before regaining my composure.
"Wow someone's angry," I hear Shah Rukh's concerned voice down the phone.
"Sorry been nonstop today," I lie wiping the few remaining tears from my face.
"Oh," Shah Rukh says confusion dripping from his voice, "I'm just calling to say I'll be back home in a month and this time I get two weeks off." I try to smile but just feel disappointed in myself.
"That's great," I try to enthuse. I collapse onto the sofa as Shah Rukh talks about the film and how much he's missing me. I close my eyes. I don't understand how he can love me so much when all I do is bring misery to people, including myself.

********************

Shah Rukh Khan P.O.V

I don't know what was wrong with Kajol. She seemed so off on the phone call and didn't seem to be excited that I'm coming home. It's probably Ajay, he likes to torment her. But if it was Ajay she would have just told me, since the night of the premiere we have both been so open with each other. I'm just really confused, some days she can be so happy like the day I signed up to do this film and other days she can be so defeated like the day before I had to go back to filming. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, I'm sure she is happy. I've got Kajol and Kajol's got me, what more could we want? I push down the handle to our apartment and slowly walk through the door for Kajol to attack me with a bear hug.