Kajol

The last two days in London had been such fun with Shah Rukh! He had managed to surprise me and that's what I love about him, he actually listens to me when I blabber on. So going back home seemed kind of a shame. He'd be spending more time with Gauri as we filmed the remaining songs 'Say 'Shava Shava'', 'Yeh Ladka Hai Allah' and of course where it all started 'Suraj Hua Maddham'. I blissfully waltz up the steps and put the key in the lock on the front door. I push it open and drop my bag in the hall. What I do not expect is to see Ajay walk out of the kitchen.
"Hey," he smiles a sad smile with a dishcloth in his hand.
"Hi," I wave my hand and furrow my eyebrows.
"Maybe we should talk," Ajay sighs-oh god he's not filing for divorce is he? I follow him into the kitchen and sit on a stool at the island counter.
"Is everything okay?" I question lacing my fingers together nervously.
"No, yeah, everything's okay I just..." he breathes in heavily, "think we need to sort things out." This conversation is getting more and more confusing by the second.
"What like?" I ask my voice shaky.
"I've been thinking," Ajay leans on the work surface opposite me, "it's too soon to force you to have a baby and I know I've been forcing you and that's not right."
"Oh," is all that pops out of my mouth.
"I mean I think I've just stored up all this anger to do with the miscarriage and I've just directed it at you and that's not fair," Ajay puts his head in his hands.
"No it's fine," I say reaching across to touch his hand with mine.
"But I've been such an idiot, leaving you, shouting at you, blaming you when it's equally my fault," Ajay shakes his head.
"It's okay though," I smile, "all couples have a rough patch and we've had ours." Ajay puts his hands down and looks at me a smile playing on his lips.
"You mean you're not mad at me?" He asks.
"Why would I be?" I respond, "I've not been the best wife either." This makes Ajay laugh.
"There is one more thing though," Ajay pulls an apologetic face.
"Alright?" I say.
"I don't like the way you're just called 'Kajol'," Ajay forces out.
"Well you'll have to take that up with my parents because that's what they called me," I joke but it doesn't make Ajay laugh.
"Kads," Ajay says seriously, "I think you should be called 'Kajol Devgn' so people know you're my wife." I'm confused.
"But..." the words trail off-what is he on about?
"There are some rumours going round that you and Shah Rukh Khan are more than friends," Ajay sighs, I have to stop my face from giving anything away.
"Rumours?" I ask my voice shaking a little.
"Yeah I've heard them through the grapevine," Ajay looks at me. Oh my god has Rani told him something? Has some paparazzi seen something? Has someone on set sold a story?
"The grapevine," my voice goes unusually high pitched.
"Hey come on I know you'd never do anything like that so I'm fine with it and as long as you're sure about it then keep just 'Kajol'," Ajay smiles, "but just be aware there are people who want to tear us apart." Ajay moves round the counter and puts his arms around me. All I can think about is Shah Rukh and how when he holds me it feels right, feels strong like he wants to protect me. Right now Ajay's feels weak and haphazard like he's unsure what he's supposed to be doing. No I'm at home with my husband, right now is about me and my husband-not Shah Rukh Khan. I get up off the stool and turn to Ajay kissing him on the lips, he seems pleasantly surprised.
"I love you," I smile.
"I love you too," Ajay says kissing me. We stand awkwardly in the kitchen for a few moments embracing each other before Ajay gestures towards the bedroom with his head. I smile as my response. Maybe Ajay and I had worked through our problems...