Kajol

I race toward the door as Shah Rukh ducks down beside the bed. I open the door and rush out closing it behind me. Ajay faces me his eyes wide.
"Hi," I smile trying not to look suspicious.
"What are you doing?" Ajay says slowly looking me up and down.
"Waiting for you," I laugh moving Ajay towards the living room, but Ajay stops and picks up my t-shirt.
"What's this doing here?" Ajay turns to look at me. At the times when you're supposed to be quick witted and know what lie to say I just freeze up.
"I just... I was hot," I lie, but not very successfully.
"Is there someone else here?" Ajay asks looking around suspiciously.
"No," I mumble, "why would there be?" I put my arms around Ajay but he just stands there like a wooden plank.
"I've just come to collect some stuff then I'm going," Ajay pushes me off him throwing my t-shirt at me. I hastily put it on, glancing in the kitchen, there's smashed glass on the floor and Shah Rukh's shirt is poking out from behind the counter.
"Why where are you going?" I question following Ajay into the main bedroom.
"To my parents for a few days then I'm back to filming," he casually slings some tops into a duffle bag.
"Ajay can't we just talk about things?" I inquire putting my arms around his neck and kissing his ear.
"Talk about what?" Ajay spins out of my grip, "about the fact you don't want a child? The fact whenever I'm around you seem to make too much of an effort? It's like you're not the person I married."
"Ajay," I breathe in shock. He shrugs his shoulders and grabs some trousers from a draw and flings them into the duffle bag. "Ajay just not right now. I've just had an ectopic pregnancy, do you know what that means?"
"It means you can't carry a baby," Ajay shouts throwing his hands up in the air, "you've got one tube, so half the chance of getting pregnant."
"No you heard what the doctor said," I yell back. Around in circles again.
"Kajol I don't want to be with a shell of the woman I married," Ajay sighs, "I want Kajol back and until I can have Kajol back then I don't want to be around you." Ajay zips up his duffle before barging past me.
"I'm still Kajol " I shout after him, "I'm just scared."
"I'm scared too," Ajay shoots back opening the door, "but I don't let fear dictate my every move." He steps out into the night and slams the door shut. The spare bedroom door opens and Shah Rukh steps into the hall as Ajay's car zooms off the drive.
"What's this apartment idea then?" I ask Shah Rukh rubbing my eyes with my hands.
"Kajol..." Shah Rukh starts.
"No," I stop him putting my hand up, "I want to do this." Shah Rukh shrugs before smiling.
"Well I've got some apartment choices," Shah Rukh walks into the kitchen picking his shirt of the floor and pulling it over his head, "not too flashy but not too 'sleazy' just a normal everyday apartment something you can use to get away from 'your problems' and somewhere we won't feel guilty for..." Shah Rukh moves his fingers in a circle trying to find the word.
"For..." I inquire sweeping up the broken glass.
"For doing this," Shah Rukh walks towards me as I empty the dustpan into the bin and stand up. As I place the dustpan and brush in a cupboard Shah Rukh puts his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.
"Hmm maybe that'll be good," I laugh placing my hands over his. Shah Rukh spins me around so I'm facing him.
"I hope I'm not ruining your marriage?" Shah Rukh smiles a sad smile.
"I think I'm doing a good job of that myself," I sigh putting my forehead on Shah Rukh's chest. He laughs which makes me smile...