Introduction

"Bye darling," she cries, her arms stretched above her head as she waves frantically at me from across the road. I roll my eyes and wave back- gentler than her harsh and over exaggerated movements; Gabi was always one for drama and theatrics. She shoves her suitcase into the boot of her car and swivels on her heels.

"You'll miss me really," she shouts, obviously catching my eye roll from so far away. Gabi has eyes like a hawk- I hope she doesn't see my scowl in her direction. I try to pull my face into a sad smile, though I'm not really upset to see her leave.

I hope the USA welcomes her with open arms.

Then I won't have to see her again.

"I don't think I will," I mumble, as she unlocks the door of her Mercedes, her sheet of black hair billows behind her as she walks. Gabi turns to face me just before she slides into the leather seat and smiles- it's the one she uses when she knows she's got away with something.

Maybe she has.

I'll double check my room tonight.

I hear the clacking of her shoes as she swiftly tucks her slender legs into her swanky car. Gabi takes off as quickly as she can, not lingering around too long to see my glare in her direction.

Most people think I should be sad to see her go. But I can't be.

Most people think she was my best friend. But she wasn't.

Most people think Gabi is the nicest, kindest person you would ever meet.

But she's just good at lying, putting on a good show whilst she stabs you in the back as hard as possible.

Maybe once we were friends, those that watched out for each other and never once even thought about betraying the other.

But that was too long ago to remember and now I only have the memories of hatred and bulling.

I'm glad she's left.

Maybe, just maybe, there might be a chance of me being happy.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll have the happy ending I've always craved.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of her, it'll be me.

Will I finally be the princess in the story?

-*-

Hey guys,

Its been a god-damn while and while you were all enjoying your new year I was thinking of ways to make me feel happy and proud of this bookk and I realised no amount of editing will fix the mistakes etched into this book. And so, I have decided to re-write the whole of this book. Now, I'm really sorry but the old version won't be available which is a shame for the small part of myself that misses fourteen year old me. This new version will also (hopefully) not have any plot-holes and may not contain some of the content and characters you have previously seen. 

I know this is frustrating-- especially to those who are currently reading this book. But I really hope you like this new version more because I am honestly in love with what I have written so far.

The rest of this book will begin to be uploaded in September!

Please do enjoy this book I'm sure I will enjoy reading over this new book.

I hope you all understand this decision...I love you all and I just want this book to be the best it can be.

This book was my everything a long long time ago. And I really want it to be special to me again.

This is the only way I could ever be happy with it.

I love you all.

Please do enjoy The Kissing Contract.

And no, it's not The Kissing Booth. I never intended it to be the same in anyway shape or form. This book is completely its own with its own storyline.

Thank you for baring with this book and all the flaws it had for many years.

Love,

Amber x