Chapter 57 - Motherly Instinct

***** Kaitlyn's Point of View *****

"Why hello Kaitlyn. It's good to see you again." Indigo greeted.

I didn't say anything, but continued looking at the floor.

"She's still a bit shaken up after the sudden move." Rachel said from behind me.

"Okay. We'll take it nice and easy."

Rachel gave me an unwanted hug. "Okay sweetheart, I'll be back in an hour to come and get you. See you soon."

"O-okay." I whispered and she left the room.

"Alright. What's wrong kiddo? You seem miserable."

"I-I just w-wanna g-g-go home..." I whispered.

She sighed. "I know, but we can't do anything about that Kaitlyn. How are Rachel and Darren?"

"T-the man i-is mean. H-He s-shouts."

"Okay. I'll see if I can talk to Rachel to stop that, alright? How's the medicine been going?"

"I-I took it b-but I t-threw u-up t-this m-morning s-so I d-don't k-know if i-it's still i-in me..." I admitted.

"Why'd you throw up? Did you force yourself to?"

"M-maybe..."

"Oh, Kaitlyn....You really need to try to keep it down kiddo. It's really hurting you."

I sniffled. "S-s-she was m-making m-me eat a-and I w-was s-struggling a-and I told her n-not to b-b-but she k-kept going s-so I t-threw u-up!"

"Well try to make sure you eat something at least. I don't want you throwing it all up. She needs to make sure you eat Kaitlyn."

"W-Why?"

"It's making you really sick, not eating. The doctors were scared you were going to pass away because you hadn't been eating the entire time you were in the hospital."

"W-well then t-t-they w-wouldn't h-have to w-w-worry about m-me anymore..."

"Kaitlyn, don't think like that."

"W-why not?" I questioned.

"Because it's scary kiddo. I feel horrible when you say that stuff."

"Y-you s-shouldn't..."

"But I do. Please don't ever think like that. I care about you too much kiddo."

"Y-you s-shouldn't. I-I'm not w-w-worth the e-effort." I muttered.

"Why do you think that?"

I shrugged, not giving a definite answer.

Indigo sighed. "You're as stubborn as Brendon."

My ears perked up. "H-How i-is he?"

"From what I heard, he's getting better. He's out of solitary, which means he can interact with more people now.

"C-Can I s-see h-him?" I asked.

She shrugged. "You'd have to ask Rachel to take you. Visiting is on Sundays though."

"S-she w-won't..." I mumbled glumly.

"What makes you think that?"

"I-I annoy h-her." I stated.

"Has she explicitly said that?"

I didn't respond.

"Kaitlyn?" She pushed.

I grunted.

"So you aren't going to answer?"

I grunted again at her.