Chapter 56 - Where Even Is Home?

***** Kaitlyn's Point of View *****

"Yes, so antipsychotics twice a day, here's the emergency and the puffer, and of course she needs to take her heart medication too. You understanding all this?"

The woman who was supposedly going to be my new foster Mom nodded. "Yes. All understood."

The doctor nodded. "That should be all."

Indigo gave me one last hug. "See you tomorrow for therapy kiddo."

"B-bye..." I whispered.

She grinned, probably because that was the first thing I'd said in days. "Bye kiddo. Be good for Rachel and Darren, okay?"

I nodded. "I-I'll try..."

She smiled. "Good. I'll see you tomorrow."

And with that, she gave me a final wave before leaving me with the two people I was supposedly going to live with.

"Come on kid, let's go." The man instructed.

I nodded, not wanting to get in trouble and tried to get out of the bed before I fell.

The woman caught me and helped me to my feet. "All good. Let's go, shall we? We can go out for dinner tonight if you'd like. What sort of food do you like?"

I didn't respond, just gulped and started shuffling out of the room at a painfully slow pace.

"Kaitlyn? What'd you want to eat?" The man pushed.

I gulped and craned my neck to see his face. He was probably taller than 6 foot, maybe even 7 foot. I felt my hands begin to shake.

"Leave her alone Darren." The woman scolded. "She's probably scared out of her mind right now with all that's happened. She'll open up in her own time."

I bowed my head in silence and remained like that the entire way 'home'.

The house was reasonably nice, with a reasonable sized backyard and a large living area. I didn't find it as nice as the Urie house though.

"Well, this is it kid." The man said, dropping my bag at the door.

I nodded lightly and stood awkwardly at the door, not sure what to do.

The woman smiled. "Come on, I'll show you to your room."

"O-okay." I whispered.

She led me down the hall to a room down the other end of the house. It was simply furnished with a bed, a desk and a chest of drawers. She put my bags down and gave me a comforting smile.

"The bathroom is across the hall there, and we're just down the end if you need us. Do you need some help unpacking or do you want to do it yourself?"

"I-I'll b-be fine."

She nodded. "That's fine. I'll be out in the kitchen with Darren. Come and see us when you're done, okay?"

"Alright..."

She got up and left me alone with my thoughts in this strange room. I unzipped my bag and fumbled around for my blanket, only to find it missing.

"W-what?" I panicked, my searching becoming more frantic.

I tipped the contents of the bag onto the bed, fumbling through them to find nothing except clothes.

"W-where is it?" I whispered, a few tears forming.

"Everything okay in there kid?" I heard Darren ask from outside the door.

"Y-yeah....I'm f-fine."