Chapter 13

"What?" She asked, picking herself up off the floor.

"The stench of your body is disgusting." He said, turning up his face at her.

"Lionel. I swear, I've been with no vampires." She said, exasperated.

"The stench of your lies is even more repulsive." Lionel said, staring at her with pure disgust.

Tabitha searched her mind, thinking back to see if she'd met a vampire.

Grandma; No

Flight Attendant; No

Caspar; Yes!

Tabitha's head hung low when she realized that not ONLY had she "been with a vampire", but her FIRST TIME was with a vampire...and not Lionel. 

"Li-...I'm sorry..." She said, holding back tears. 

She tried to hug him, be he wouldn't allow it. 

"No. You cheated and that is inexcusable." He said, keeping a proffesional attitude about the situation. 

"Did you invite him inside?" Lionel asked, too hurt to look at her. She could see the pain in his eues, and it hurt her. 

"What?"

"Did. You. Let. Him. In?" He asked, slower than normal. 

She began to think back...

"Cmon youngins! Caspar, you're the only boy, so you can carry the bags inside." Tabitha's Grandmother said, walking quickly towards the door. Tabitha followed behind, hurrying into the house. Caspar followed not far behind, carrying the bags. When he came to the door, he gulped and tried to walk inside, he couldn't. So, he just stood there, angry. 

Tabitha came back to the door and took some of the luggage from him. 

"Cmon inside, Slowpoke!" She said, beckoning him inside. 

Slowly and dramatically, he stepped over the threshold, grinning widely. 

                                                ~                                                                 ~

Tabitha's face turned a slight red when she realized that she had been the one to open it for him. 

"You did." He said, searching her eyes with a repulsed look on his face. 

"Yes, but I didn't mean it!" She yelped, begging for his forgiveness.

"Well, you should've listened to me! Now you and your grandmother could potentially be in danger!" Lionel cautioned, looking at her. 

"TABITHA! Cmon, we gotta get h- who's this?" He grandmother asked, turning her charm on. 

"Grandma, this is my boyfriend, Lionel." Tabitha explained, looking up at him for a rejection. 

The rejection never came. 

"Well, isn't that swell? Come join us for dinner!" Grandma said, looking at LIonel. 

Tabitha remembered Caspar, how he was at their house, waiting for the gumbo. 

"Grandma...I don't think tha-"

"Of course it is! You MUST come!" Her grandmother said, smiling widely. 

                                             ~                                                   ~

As Tabitha, her grandmother, Caspar, and Lionel sat at the table, the only audible sound was the clinking of spoons. 

"This is all really good." Caspar said, eating plentifully and quenching his thirst ravenously. 

"Didn't know you ate anything other than blood..." Lionel mumbled, eating his gumbo with a snicker. 

"Thanks, baby. It it need salt, season it." Grandma said, smiling. 

Caspar picked up the salt, and broke the shaker, never once tearing his eyes away from Lionel. 

Tabitha could feel the tension in the air, and she knew it was gonna be a long night. 

"Your cornbread is divine, Mrs!" Lionel said, stuffing his face. 

"Do you smell dog breath?," Caspar said, sniffing the air. "I do!!"

In a fury, Lionel threw his bowl. As the contents flew out, Lionel stood up, clenching his fists.

"Outside, toothy. NOW!" He shouted, loosing it.

"No problem, Fido." Caspar said, standing up.