T H I R T Y - F O U R

When I finally did wake up from my long nap, the sky was a beautiful orange color with specks of pink. The sun was hiding behind the horizon and soon it would set.

I slowly opened my eyes and came to. My vision was blurred by the clear goop in my eyes but I quickly rubbed them away.

"Ana? How are you feeling?" I heard from the other side of my bedroom door. I smacked my lips together and licked them.

I sat up and rubbed my pounding head with my palm. I just wanted to go back to sleep but I knew my body wouldn't allow me.

My eyes caught the outline of a figure standing in a dark corner of my bedroom and my heart started pounding in my chest.

Glowing red eyes peered at me from a distance and my heart instantly dropped into my stomach.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. Thanks Shelley." I called out. I heard her footsteps walking away from my room and down the hallway.

I threw the covers away from me and stood from the bed. Nausea was beginning to rise in my stomach and I could feel the acid in my throat.

He stepped from the darkness with his hands behind his back and a solemn look on his face.

"How are you feeling, really?" Justin wondered as his eyes glanced over me.

"I'm fine. I've barely been gone for a day, Justin. Why are you here?" I questioned. I crossed my arms over my chest.

He pursed his lips as his eyes stared into mine but then averted his eyes towards the ground.

"I missed you." He whispered out.

I sighed.

"I'm allowed to miss the love of my life after she leaves with our unborn child." He explains with hurt evident in his voice.

I gulped back the acid in my throat but all I could feel was a stinging feeling.

"Please just go." I said in a whisper.

His face immediately contorted into a hurt expression and I felt myself beginning to crack.

"If that's what you want." He swallowed back his pride.

I nodded." It is."

It was too hard to face him after yesterday. If I could run back into his arms, I would in a heartbeat.

But I couldn't and I wouldn't as of right now.

He walked towards my window and pushed it open in one quick motion. Before hopping completely out, he turned to me one last time.

"Tell me what you said about regretting ever falling in love with me was a lie. I need to hear the truth." His eyes burned into me. I could tell he had believed what I said and I knew it had hurt him more than I would've liked it to.

"Justin-" I started.

"Just tell me, please." He said.

"Yes." I stated simply.

He furrowed his eyebrows."Yes what?"

"Yes it was a lie." I finished.

He began to smile but quickly stopped himself and cleared his throat awkwardly." I'll be checking up on you from time to time. You need me, Ana. I won't let you go through this alone even if I'm being the world's biggest asshole." And with that, he jumped two story's to the ground and landed on his feet. Before I could catch him in the darkness, he was gone.

I closed my window and locked it. I shut my curtains and rubbed my hands up and down my face.

I should've known he wasn't ever going to give up. Not even after hurting him like I had, he loved me and nothing could change that.

And deep down inside, I knew that I could never ever give up on him either.

~

SUPA SHORT COS THIS IS THE SECOND UPDATE FOR TODAY!

I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS AND BEING ABLE TO INTERACT WITH YALL

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS STORY :)

GET READY FOR BIGGER THINGS COMING SOON!