E I G H T

(A/n: I start school the 25th. God help me.)

"Just grab what you can." Shelley said as I followed her into the moving truck. My things had finally arrived and I was questioning if it was ever going to show up. I grabbed a box of heavy things and carried them into the house. Aunt Shelley was right behind me as well as the movers.

I set the box onto my bedroom floor along with the other boxes. I sighed.

After about an hour, boxes filled my room and it seemed endless. Aunt Shelley helped me unpack a bit until she had to leave. She went down to her friends house to help her with a few things. Apparently she had fallen and broken her leg or something of that sorts.

I crushed some empty boxes and shoved them into a black garbage bag. I tied it and drug it along with me down the stairs.

I set it in the kitchen beside the garbage can and clapped my hands together.

I opened the fridge and found a water bottle. I took of few sips and capped it. I left it back in the fridge. I peered out of the window to find a moving truck across the street. It was parked in front of a house that looked similar to aunt Shelley's.

I felt my curiosity grow. I walked out of the front door, towards the swing and sat down. The sun was shining and the trees blew in the wind. I kept my eyes fixed on the house across the street.

I watched a sedan park itself in the driveway. There was an older woman and an older man. A young boy stepped out of the backseat. He had brown hair but I couldn't see much more. He seemed to be around my age.

I stood up from the swinging bench and stumbled back inside. I started back up the stairs to finish unpacking my things. If I didn't finish now, I wouldn't finish it ever.

Later.

"Well I'm glad we've moved next to some nice folks." The woman spoke. She took a bite out of her steak. Aunt Shelley smiled and I kept my face down.

"You can come over any time. Ana is usually home except for Wednesday's and Sunday's. She works down at the diner in town." Shelley explained. I looked up at our new neighbors and smiled.

My eyes caught a pair of green ones. He sat across the table. He was chewing his food. He gave me a small smile and I returned it. I swallowed the rice in my mouth and took a deep breath in as my eyes switched from everybody talking.

After everybody was finished eating, I helped aunt Shelley pick up the messy dinner plates. I held them in my hands as I walked towards the kitchen. Shelley pulled out an apple pie from the fridge and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat any. I turned on the hot water and filled the sponge with dish soap.

I began scrubbing the plates until they were clean. Shelley walked back to the dining room. I huffed and felt my arms grow tired after the third plate.

"Need some help?" I heard from behind me. I smiled and turned to find the boy from the dinner table. His voice was raspy and deep.

I pursed my lips." Grab a towel from that drawer and dry these plates." I said. He nodded and opened up a drawer. He grabbed out a small blue towel and grabbed a clean plate from beside me.

"Why'd you move here?" I asked him as I rinsed the plate under the steaming water. I looked back at him as he set the dry plate in his hands, on the counter.

"My dads job relocated." He stated and I handed him the now clean plate in my hands. He gave me a small "thanks."

"Are you from here?" He asked. I turned off the water after finishing up the plates. I turned towards him and leaned against the counter.