E L E V E N

[a/n: if you watch teen wolf, we're best friends. No questions asked.]

A few days later.

"Would you like more coffee?" I asked as I stared down at an older woman. She had already finished two cups of coffee as well as a plate of hot apple pie after her meal.

She sat alone and I kind of felt bad for her considering she looked to be about fifty. She nodded her head and I grabbed her mug from the table to fill it up about halfway. I handed it back to her and she immediately poured a few packets of sugar inside.

I walked towards the back counter and leaned against it as I spoke to the chef cooking up meals for the customers.

"Ana, table ten." Riley spoke as she grabbed a plate from the counter with country fried steak and gravy on it.

I turned and dug around in my apron to find my pad and pen. I grabbed it out from the bottom of the pocket.

"What can I get for-" I spoke as I looked up from the pad but I quickly stopped talking. My heart stopped in surprise.

"What're you doing here?" I whispered out. I took a look behind me and then back to them.

"Calm down. Jason is living in town so I'm playing along as his college friend who came in last night." Justin explained. I nodded skeptically. I mean he lived across the street from me so I knew he was living in town.

I didn't really understand why Jason lived with normal people. I guess he wanted to blend in. I also assumed it was because he wanted to feel normal.

I looked at Jason who was nodding as he looked over the menu. I took a deep breath in.

I gave Justin a smile as he stared at me." Can I get you guys anything then?"

Justin shook his head and Jason spoke up." Get me a steak. I want it rare. Along with French fries." I quickly scribbled it down and gave Justin a look. He chuckled and I quickly walked towards the back counter to put in Jason's order.

After cleaning up a few tables, I gave Jason his food and decided to take my break. I ripped off my apron and left it in the back along with my other items. I put in an order of curly fries and a vanilla bean milkshake.

I sat down beside Justin and looked between the boys. Jason was basically stuffing his face and Justin was staring at me with a sparkle in his caramel eyes.

"What're you guys doing here?" I questioned as I laid my hands on the table.

"I came to check up on you." Justin stated. Jason wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Cut the shit, lover boy and tell her why we're really here." Jason snapped.

Justin glared at Jason. I looked at Justin with questioning eyes. He moved closer to me, indicating to leave the booth with him. I slid out of the seat as he followed.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the back that held a few lockers and things so we could talk privately.

I crossed my arms as I stared up at him."What do you need to tell me?"

He sighed and looked to his shoes momentarily. His eyes met mine again with a saddened expression.

"I'm leaving tonight." He whispered.

I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

"I-I mean I knew this was going to happen. When are you coming back?" I asked. I awaited his answer but he seemed distressed.

"I don't know." He said. He scratched the back of his neck with his fingers.

I gulped back the lump in my throat.

"Just don't be upset. I have to do this to protect you." He spoke softly and pulled me towards him.

Suddenly an idea popped into my mind.

"Let me come with you." I muffled into his chest but I know he heard me.

He pulled away from me." I can't let you, Ana."

"Why not? Then we don't have to be apart and I know you'll protect me." I exclaimed.

He shook his head.

I groaned in frustration." Are you purposely trying to make me unhappy?"

"You know I love you. Just let me do this and when I come back, we can be together. I'll never leave you again." He explained.

I kept quiet and nodded. I wrapped my arms around him and felt a few tears fall from my eyes. I didn't want him to go but we didn't have a choice.

I let Justin go back to his brother as I had to continue to do my job. He told me he'd be by my house before he goes.

* * *

I cleaned off the remaining tables and turned off the lights in the kitchen. I walked towards the front of the diner and switched off the lights. I locked the door from the inside and made sure that it shut behind me.

I made sure to tell aunt Shelley to pick me up tonight since it was already almost eleven o'clock and I needed to be home faster with Justin leaving. I didn't know when he'd be gone but I hoped he hadn't left yet.

I hopped into the car and strapped myself in a quickly as possible. Aunt Shelley smiled brightly at me.

"How was work?" She asked as she pulled onto the road.

"It was okay. I ate before I locked up. Hope you don't mind." I laughed as I told her that I didn't need to eat the dinner she had cooked up.

She didn't seem to mind which was good because I had done it a few times before and she had gotten mad at me.

She pulled into the driveway and I rushed into the lit up house with my bag on my shoulder. I ran up the stairs and flicked the lights on in my bedroom. I looked around the room to find it empty.

I shut my bedroom door quietly and shook off my jacket. I threw it on my bed and my eyes landed upon a piece of paper with writing on it. There was a single rose beside it. I quickly snatched up the note and read it.

Ana,
I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye like I wanted to. I love you and remember that I always will.

Wait for me.

- Justin

I felt tears fall from my eyes as I sunk to the ground.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

-
GUYS CHECK OUT MY NEW JASON MCCANN STORY ITS CALLED 'NEFARIOUS'

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK(: