T E N

Anastasia's p.o.v

I felt my head pounding and I sat up from the comfort of my bed. I tried adjusting my eyes to the sunlight but failed miserably. There was a slight  breeze coming from the open window. I took a deep breath and fully opened my eyes. Justin stood in the corner of my room with his head in his hands. My neck stung and I raised my fingers to my neck to feel around but only felt raised skin. I threw my feet over the side of the bed and tried to stand but felt woozy. I felt weak and just stayed put on the bed.

"Justin?" I called out.

He turned to me with a blank expression on his face."How are you feeling?"

I blinked a few times."I feel okay. I should probably just take it easy today."

Justin nodded. I could tell something was wrong. I didn't want to push but I needed to know what was bothering him.

"Did I do something? What's wrong?" I questioned. He kept his eyes on me. The caramel color shining brightly due to the sun coming through the windows. He walked a bit closer but kept his distance." What happened last night? I feel as if I can't remember anything after Jason took me out..."

"My brother took you on a date?" He said suddenly.

"It wasn't a date. He moved in across the street. He offered to take me to dinner. We went bowling. It was just a friendly evening." I explained. His demeanor changed. He shook his head and sucked in a breath.

"It wasn't as friendly as you think, Ana." He said with a tone that I hadn't heard before.

I rolled my eyes." Look forget about it. You know I like you. Why would I go on a date with someone other than you?"

"Honestly, it all doesn't matter. You could've been killed last night." He stated. I shakily stood from the bed.

"Why're you so upset? I'm fine." I said in a whispered tone. I walked towards my bedroom door and hobbled down the steps. I knew he was following as I walked away from him but didn't stop until I reached the kitchen.

"Anastasia!" He growled.

I stopped in the middle of looking through the fridge to turn to him." Why are you so angry, Justin?"

"I'm angry because you could've been killed! What am I supposed to do when you're dead?!" He shouted.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I swiped my tongue across my bottom lip and crossed my arms.

"What's gonna happen when I do grow old? Huh? When I'm wrinkled and weak? I'm going to die eventually, Justin. So what're you gonna do when that day comes?" I questioned.

He chewed on his bottom lip. He didn't break his gaze from me." I-I-" he seemed speechless.

I shook my head and brushed past him for him to grab my forearm. I looked back at him." I would've wanted to turn you by then." My heart stopped. I ripped my arm away from him and shook my head once again.

"I don't want that. I never will. I can't live for eternity as some monster that goes around killing people." I spoke.

"So that's what you think of me?" He asked with hurt evident in his voice.

I didn't answer him.

He nodded and swallowed back the lump in his throat. I could tell he was hurt by my words. I didn't want him to be but I didn't want to be anything like him. I feel as if I would be unhappy with that life.

I want to be with my parents again eventually.

He disappeared out the back door before I had another chance to say anything more.