Back

JJ's POV

We all sat in the living room waiting for any form of communication. I sat next to Simon as he rubbed my back trying to keep me calm. Rivers of tears rolled down my cheeks at the thought of something happening to her. A knock was heard at the door and then wheels of a car screeching away. I jumped up and ran to the door. I flung it open and saw a car speeding down the road. I sighed and was about to close the door, but heard a grunt making me stop. I looked down to the mat and saw Aislin laying there with a blindfold over her eyes.

"Hello?" She spoke, her voice breaking at the end. A sob escaped my lips as I bent down and pulled off the blindfold. She blinked a lot before squinting at me.

"JJ?" I nodded and untied her hands and feet before pulling her onto my lap.

"I missed you so much. You weren't even gone long. I don't know how I stood that before but I definitely can't now." Her arms draped around my back and she hugged back.

"I missed you too." I smiled and kissed the top of her head before picking her up bridal style and carrying her inside.

Vik's POV

I sat in my room curled up in a ball crying. I felt so guilty. Aislin was gone and it was my fault. I'm the reason she's gone, I should have stayed with her. I'm the reason she could be dead...

"Vik!! Get down here! Aislin's back!" I heard yells. I sniffled once more and got up from my bed and trudged down the stairs.

"It's not funny guys don't jo-" I stopped speaking as my eyes met Aislin's. "Oh my god..." I ran to her and engulfed her in my arms. Hers went around my waist and she hugged me back just as hard.

"I'm so sorry Ais it's all my fault. I shouldn't have left you alo-" a loud smack was heard and my cheek stung. My chin was grabbed and turned back so I was looking at her again.

"It's not your fault Vik. You couldn't have known it was gonna happen and you couldn't have stopped it. If you were still with me we would've both probably been taken. So please stop beating yourself up. I'm back and safe and that's all that matters." I nodded and hugged her again.

"I'm sorry." She nodded.

"It's ok. Just don't do it again. Okay?"

"Okay."