१७.

The next morning, Liam wakes up to the feeling he probably missed most (though he doesn't want to acknowledge it).

Zayn and Liam both started off sleeping as far away from each other as possible, practically clinging on to the edges of the bed.

During the night, Zayn managed to roll over to Liam's side of the bed and sling an arm over his waist (as you do).

Liam can feel the Emir's warm breath on the nape of his neck and his fingertips just brushing his tummy.

He can hear Zayn's soft snoring against the shell of his ear, and the way he occasionally stirs and tightens his grip around him.

Every new touch sends every nerve ending in his body sparking; sends goosebumps shooting up his back.

God, pregnancy hormones suck.

Zayn's shifting now, muttering lowly in his sleep, squeezing Liam's narrow hips in his grip.

Too tightly.

Ow.

Okay now Liam just feels ill.

He tries to wriggle out of Zayn's grip, but all Zayn does is hum and pull him flush against his chest.

Liam breathes out with a shudder, making a face as pain shoots across his tummy.

Tears prick at the corners of his eyes and he cringes at the taste of bile now evident in the back of his throat.

'Oh God' he groans, biting his lip hard.

Zayn's breath against his neck is too warm now, sending an unpleasant spark of heat down his spine, his grip too tight and does the bed smell weird?

Liam's not too late when he finally manages to push Zayn away.

He gasps and leaps out of bed before running to the bathroom and leaning over the toilet.

A string of 'Fuck fuck fuck fuck–' escapes  his lips before he vomits into the toilet, feeling even worse than before.

Fuck morning sickness.

'Oh fuck' he groans weakly, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. His eyes are drooping shut, but there's still some unpleasant bubbly sensation in the pit of his tummy.

Chest heaving, Liam struggles to get his breathing back in control. His breath coming out in little pants, cutting through the silence of the room.

Before he knows it, he's crying to himself, pregnancy hormones having gotten the better of him.

His body shakes with every sob and he wishes so bad that— Harry was here with him. Or his mum.

He leans his head back against the wall, Adam's apple bobbing violently in his throat.

He hates being pregnant. He didn't ever plan for a baby. And he doesn't even get to spend time with his child unless he lives with the fucking Emir.

What kind of a life is that?

Liam doubles over the toilet a second time, vomiting again—his stomach cramping violently.

'Leeyum?'

Zayn.

Weakly, Liam answers him. 'I'm okay'

'No' is the immediate answer as Zayn crouches down beside him, his eyebrows wrinkled kinda adorably.

'Oh God' Liam moans, before he gags and vomits into the toilet again.

Zayn's hand is on his back in no time, rubbing big circles into his burning skin.

'Calm down jaan. Baby's just really stuffed'

What Zayn is saying makes absolutely no sense, and the back rubbing is not really helping, but who is Liam to tell him all this?

. . . He just kinda wants Zayn to coddle him like this.

And then he's being pulled back gently, until his back is flush against warm, bare skin and lips are skating along his bare shoulder, sending his pulse jumping.

Unashamed, he leans his head back against Zayn's naked shoulder and scrunches his eyes shut tightly.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up' he whispers; no, cries, trembling in Zayn's warm grip. Why is he such a fuck up? Why is his body like this?

'Ssh, jaan. It's okay' Zayn whispers sleepily and Liam almost gasps when warm fingertips nudge his shirt up gently.

Zayn slips his fingers beneath Liam's thin shirt and cups his hands around Liam's bump safely.

Safe. With Harry, and his sisters, his parents, his friends; Liam feels happy. In Zayn's warm grip, Liam feels safe.

Protected.

(Loved)

'But—'

'Ssh' Zayn replies sleepily, pulling one hand away to cover Liam's mouth.

Liam blushes involuntarily at Zayn's soft gesture.

God, this man is perfect.

'Now sleep' Zayn whispers against his skin, his nose barely skating over Liam's back.

The tears in Liam's eyes never fall, because they fall asleep this way; cuddled against each other, their breathing in sync, their limbs entwined, their soft snores identical, their skin touching everywhere.

Like they're in love.

If only.

Was this chapter too short? I hope it wasn't! This was written in an hour😣
My school has started and my updates will be all over the place bc of my studies (I apologise in advance).
How do you feel about what Zayn did just now?

GOD Ziam are sooo domestic my heart hurts!!!😭❤