५.

The Rani Maa decides it's time for the sagaai* when she walks in to Liam sleeping in Zayn's bed.
Liam's head on Zayn's chest.
Liam's legs tangled in Zayn's legs.
Liam's hair under Zayn's nose.
Liam's body intertwined with Zayn's lips.

Zayn loves the idea. He wants to officially declare Liam as his as soon as possible. A grand, regal sagaai is the best way to announce that Liam is his.

Liam (albeit) has stopped kissing Harry, is against the whole "sagaai" idea. Liam and Harry still hang out together, affectionately messing around.

On the night of the sagaai rehearsal, Liam is nowhere to be found.

Zayn rides out into the night, looking around frantically, questioning commoners.

He spends so much time worrying about his jaaneman, when all the while Liam is with Harry.

Liam's sitting on the ledge of the town's infamous marble fountain, staring into the water with wide eyes. He's moving his hand through the gentle waves looking mesmerised.

Small circles glittering idly in the moonlight melt into one big track of light as Liam's fingers dance through the serene water.

Harry's sitting behind him, front to back, watching Liam, (Zayn's Liam), admiringly.

He presses his lips to the nape of Liam's neck and Liam shivers under his touch.

'Chaand' Harry hums, walking two fingers up Liam's spine. The older brunet leans into his touch, and Harry smirks softly.

'Harry' Liam whispers, closing his eyes as he arches his neck.

'Before you leave for that ameer kuthha** - could you give me a tohfa***?' Harry's lips go to Liam's neck; kiss, bite, suck.

Liam turns to face Harry, and raises his hands to Harry's face. He threads his fingertips through Harry's curls and smiles earnestly at the latter.

'Anything for you, rooh¢'

Sagaai ka din.¢¢

Liam is glowing; a sheen of rose high up on his cheeks. He's wearing these beautiful indigo robes, thin silk ribbons lining the velvety material.

The Emir, on the other hand, showcases his lean yet strong frame in regal violet robes, designed intricately, lined with only the finest gold thread.

They stroll into the decorated darbaar, hand in hand, and the room bursts into applause, every single guest smiling fondly.
Of course, Louis in all his pompousness cheers loudly and climbs on a chair, before whooping and grinning like a madman.

A gorgeous young woman sings kawaalis¢¢¢ and shaayaris^ about everlasting love and beauty along with her group and Zayn feels so proud to show off his fiancé like this.

Liam falls into conversation with Zayn's relatives immediately, and within minutes the pack are already joking about the Emir with secretive whispers and twinkling eyes.

The more the Emir watches Liam throughout the evening, the more fond he becomes of the brunet.
This is the most time they've spent together at once.

He memorises the way Liam clutches on to his arm like a lifeline. The way he raises one eyebrow at something weird and grins crinkly-eyed at something funny. The way he skillfully handles Zoha (Doniya's baby daughter) when she starts crying. The way he apologises to a little girl servant who has to wipe up the port wine he spilt. The way he shyly tangles his leg with the Emir's and looks down to the ground with a smile when someone brings up their "relationship".