Childhood - Chapter 14

NORA POV

The Next morning I woke up late, school starts at 8:40 am and I was still in bed. "Mom! Can you make me breakfast?" I shouted, wiggling and crawling out of the blankets. I heard a little ''Mmh" Actually last night my parents arrived at 2 am I heard my mom and dad coming into my bedroom and kissing my head, saying goodnight. Right now I am fully dressed and running late for school. However, still waiting for breakfast so while my mom is making pancakes. I grabbed my bag and keys, stuffed my mouth with a pancake and grabbed an apple, kissing both of my parents on the cheeks with my mouthful. "Ugh! You just made my face sticky with the syrup" "Love you too! Mom" I waved at her.

I got to school, had enough time to tell Stacy and the other girls about what happened on the date. They 'awed' and also complained about how he didn't kiss me on the lips. I spotted the guys walking towards us. Michael touched my head, "I like your flower crown, and you look cute" he winked. I blushed "MINE!" Noah pulled me towards him and snuggled into my neck. The others started laughing and left us alone.

"Did you miss me?" He whispers in my ear. I elbowed him in the stomach and twisted the hand which was around my waist behind his back, pushing him away slightly so he doesn't get hurt. What am I talking about? He has muscles and is stronger than me. "Come on we have maths together" I yelled.

Lunchtime

Stacy and I were singing while Alice was talking to Nate. The rest of the group went to get food. They returned after ten minutes with lots of food. Our canteen food wasn't bad as the other schools. It was fresh and delicious. Noah passed me 2 chicken and mayo sandwiches with a coke can also some fries. I was going to grab the sandwich before Noah stopped me. I looked up at him and started in his eyes.

"Before I... I lose the courage to say this. Will you be my girlfriend?" he held my hand. Everyone was looking at us, and I had no to say words. "Noah! I am sorry but I can't" "Why?" his grip tightens on my hand. "Because I promised someone." I ran out of the school canteen and into the woods.

Suddenly I was pushed against the tree. "Who?" Noah screamed, a tear slipped from my eyes. He losses his grip on my hand, and I dropped to my knees. "I came here for him. To find out who he is and what's his name? Even I don't know. All I know is he was my angel, and I was his muffin. When we were little, I came here for a trip in the woods, we did lots of things together and when it was time to leave I promised him to return, and now here I am, but I can't find him." I huffed and saw the others were here too.

I looked at my feet. "Chin up princess or the crown will fall" his hands brushed my chin. I stared at him like he grew ten heads. I shook my head, No! Can't be him or is it him? I took a step back. He smiles "what was the first words you said to me?" I questioned. "Beautiful girls don't cry" he whispered. "What did I told you before the promise?" I walked towards him. "Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more." he opened his arms. I jumped on top of him and hugged him like there is no tomorrow. "I missed you" I whispered in his ear. "I missed you too" he snuggles into my neck.

I pushed him away and slapped him across the face. He was shocked. Stacy, Alice, Ruby and summer gasps. "How dare you not tell me this. It has almost been a week since I moved!" "Because I thought you didn't remember and I wanted you to mention about it first." he held my hands. I glared at him "okay. I forgive you" and he hugs me.

"Nora" Noah murmurs "Mmh," he pulled away. "Will you be my girlfriend because ... I want to sit with you in the classroom. Eat with you in the canteen and peek in your books in the library" he looked into my eyes. I nodded and hear the guys whistling and the girls screaming in happiness. Noah picked me up and turned me round. I couldn't stop laughing.