New house - Chapter 2

NORA'S POV

Suddenly the door opened, and I jumped a little, and my mom giggled. "Sweetie! We know how you always lose your keys so we got the hand scanning lock so it's easier for you!" I gave them both a hug and quickly went to the car to grab ginger who was sleeping in her little home with a fluffy blue blanket.

I carried her into our new house. It was like a mansion and at least three times bigger compared to our old one. We didn't sell our old house as dad has a massive business there. He is one of the top businessmen in the world. My mom just has a restaurant and she part time teaches ballet.

My dad says they both met in high school when my mom was kind of a shy person in the popular group, and he was on the basketball team. They met cause of my aunt, Julie. Aunt Julie doesn't like me calling her aunt, she says she's too young to be called an aunt.

The thing I like about her is her fashion tips. It actually works. So whenever I go to a party or my dad's business gatherings. I take her advice. She is still single and ready to mingle, she says that.

"Honey!...Sweetie!" My mom waved hands in front of me. "Yeah," I shake my head. "Your room is upstairs on the left - hand side and your dad already took Romeo upstairs" I smiled and she walked away. I realized how beautiful the living room was, the theme color was black and white. Perfect flooring, the pattern wall, the lightings, the furniture, the roof and last the beautiful border around the ceiling.

I walked upstairs and took a left turn. The room was perfect. I quickly walked back downstairs and got my bags and boxes, settle them in my room. It took at least fifteen minutes to get all my stuff upstairs. I didn't care to put it away and walked out of the bedroom to explored the house.

The kitchen was grayish and twice the old one. Every room had its own style. There were five bedrooms with bathroom attached. There was an extra bathroom so a guest can use it. There was a big theater room, game room, dad's office, store room, family living room and a small cabin next to my room for my animal research and stuff.

Mom and dad were done packing away.They were in the family living room. I sat down on the single sofa "Nora. So how do you like your new house?" You know the part where you say I don't like which means you actually love it. That's what I did and they just laughed.

Romeo is indolent usually, but even Ginger was acting lazy. Both of them are asleep. I get it I am the one spoiling them, but it's the day actually.ugh!

"Honey! your mom is kind of tired to cook so we are just getting pizza ok!" "Um.. Sure" it's only 6 pm. We have our dinner early sometimes. "Till then why don't you see the backyard!" Dad suggested. "We have a backyard!" I was shocked. I rapidly ran outside and opened the sliding door. It was one of my favorite places now.

There was a little bridge and a lake underneath, I walked over the bridge and settle down to stare at my reflection in the water. I fiddle with my hair. I took out my slippers and gently pour water over my feet. I shivered at the little shocks went through my body when the drops touched my feet. I slid my feet in and waited for the water to turn warm.

"Nora! Pizza's here!" "Coming" I lifted my feet and shook my feet to get the water off and slipped them into my slippers.