Chapter 28

(Angel's POV)

I roll in bed and look at the time on my phone. 7 am. I couldn't sleep at all. The moment my eyes close, all I could see was Ellie getting shot. I sigh and get up. Thank god it's Saturday. I wouldn't be able to go to classes like that. I get the box from under the bed and place it on top. I find a letter taped to it.

Hey, Angel...

So, this is basically a box of the things I didn't know where to put. Pics mostly. Have fun, I guess.

~Mary.

Opening the box, the first thing I see is my graduation photo. I take it and place it on the desk. Then, a photo of Mom and I. I pick it up before hugging it tightly.

"I miss you so much, Mom." My voice cracks.

I then place it on the other side of the desk. I sigh as I go back to see a photo of Damon and I. A mirror selfie of us kissing.

"Look." I say and show him my screen.

Elena just posted a mirror selfie of her and Matt with Matt kissing her belly.

"That's cute." He says.

We're lying on his bed, in his dorm. I'm scrolling through social media and he's playing with my hair. I roll my head so that my cheek rests on his pec and look up to him.

"It's kind of the trend now. Couples take mirror selfies of themselves doing anything." I explain.

"Come on then." He says and sits up.

"What?" I ask as my head drops on the bed.

"Come. Let's take one."

"A mirror selfie?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

He just shrugs and gets off the bed.

"Am I gonna post a couple's mirror selfie with myself?" He asks.

I just giggle before getting up and following him to the bathroom.

"What do you wanna do?" He ask.

"Maybe one where we're kissing?" I ask.

"Come on, then." He says and raises his eyebrows.

I giggle before standing on my tippy toes and peck his lips.

"That's it?" He pouts.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Did you take the picture?" I ask.

"Nope." He says.

"Then, it's not it." I smirk.

He smiles before I lock my hands behind his neck and connect our lips. He wraps an arm around my waist as he gently bites my lower lip. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss.

I get pulled back to reality when there's a knock on my door. I open to see the dorms mailman.

"Angel Simms?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"This was sent for you about a week ago." He says and gives me an envelope.

"Thanks." I say after signing before closing the door.