Chapter 25

(Angel's POV)

He told me about Ellie. The whole story. He regrets it. He misses her. He wants her. While he was telling me, I just couldn't help but feel worse and worse about not telling him. I have to tell him.

I grab my phone and call him. After two rings, he answers.

"Hey, Angel. I have huge news." He says.

"Hey, you sound happy." I say.

"Ready to hear?"

"Sure."

"I'm going to find out where Ellie is."

What? What?

"Really? That's great. I really have to tel-"

"Klaus, your friend's husband, he tracks down people. He's going to track her down for me. I went to his house yesterday after you left. He'll do it."

"Klaus?"

"Isn't that great?"

"Yeah. Amazing. Uhm... Can I tell you som-"

"I need to go now, but can we meet up later. Maybe for dinner."

"Sure thing. Where?"

"How about that restaurant on the outskirts of town? I'll pick you up at eight."

"Ok. I'll be waiting."

"See you."

"Bye."

I sigh after he hangs up and throw myself back on the bed. I'll take her with me. I'll take her with me and tell him when he sees her. I don't know what I'll say, but tonight has to be the night they meet.

I get up before going downstairs to Delilah.

"Delilah. I have to tell you something." I say.

"Sure." She says.

"Tonight, I will take Ellie to meet her father."

"What? You know him?"

"I'm dating him."

"That's the boy you're dating?"

I nod slowly.

"We've been dating for almost two months and a half now."

"When did you find out?"

"Before I even met him."

"What?"

I then sit down before telling her everything. From when I first saw him up until the phone call I just had with him.

"Are you sure you want them to meet?"She asks.

"He'll find out anyway. I think it's better if he finds out from me, right?" I ask.

"I guess so. You have to imagine the worst case scenario and the best case scenario so that you don't end up shaken up."

"I already did. Like I always do, I expect the worst but hope for the best."

"Yeah. Are you going to tell her?"

"Yes. I will pick her up now and tell her that we're going to meet her daddy, so we need to go shopping. I'll get her a new dress or something."

"Ok... I don't know what to tell you, to be honest."

"Good Luck?"

"Good Luck, then."

I smile before grabbing my purse and leaving the house. As I start driving, I get a weird feeling in my stomach. With each kilometer I grow more and more afraid of what's about to happen. I turn on the stereo and set it to my playlist, hoping to calm down a bit.