Chapter 26

(Angel's POV)

"I'm sorry, we did everything we can." The doctor says.

"What are you saying? There must be something you can do." I say.

"We're very sorry for your loss."

"No. No. She's not dead." I start to break down.

I gasp as I sit up.

Where am I? I'm in a hospital room.

"Lay down, Angel. It's okay. You just need to lie down." A male voice says beside me.

I turn my head to find Mason.

"Mason, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"When I called you to know if you're coming or not, Elena answered. She told me what happened and I came." He says, pushing me back to lie down.

"How long was I out?"I ask.

"Angel, you woke up." Elena says as she comes in.

"Where's Ellie? Is she out of surgery?" I ask.

"Angel, how long do you think you've been out?" She asks.

"I need to take this." Mason says, leaving the room as his phone rings.

"I don't know. A couple of hours?"

"Angel, honey, it's been a week."

"What? Where's Ellie?"

I sit up and try to get off the bed, but a huge struck of pain pushes me back. I wince and groan.

"She's ok. The surgery went well. She's in her room in the pediatrics section." She says.

"Can I see her? Please, Elena." I say.

"You can. Just... Not now. When you get better."

I groan and hold my head as the headache increases.

"Don't you want to know how your surgery went?" She asks.

"What? I had surgery?" I ask.

"Yes. Your lucky too. If the wound was an inch higher, we would've had to shave your head. Also, if we had waited a minute longer, you wouldn't have survived. Why didn't you say that you were injured, Angel?" She asks, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"When it happened, everything froze. I couldn't focus on anything other than Ellie." I say.

"Well, I'll have that feeling in about five months." She says, placing her hand on her belly.

"Are you ready? I can't imagine how you feel."

"I'm happy, anticipated, and nervous, to be honest. It also makes me moody sometimes. You know how you are when you're on your period? It's like ten times worse."

"Woah." I chuckle.

"Yeah." She smiles.

"Come on. I'll take you to see Ellie. Just wait till I get the wheelchair."

I nod as I sit up slowly. Elena gets up and goes outside for a moment before she comes back with a wheelchair. I take a deep breath and get up. My head hurts, but I slowly moves to the wheelchair.

"Are you okay?" Elena asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say.

"Ok. Let's go."

She then pulls me back and we head outside.

"I'm sure we can- one second. Angel, where are you going?" Mason asks when he sees us.