Chapter 18

(Damon's POV)

"I'll enter. Then, you come in, ok?" I say.

She nods slowly.

I open the door and enter to see him on the bed, laying.

"Hey, Gabe." I say.

I've come here a few times before.

"Damon. How are you?" He says.

"Good. I brought you someone." I say.

"Angel?" He asks.

I nod and Angel comes in.

She stands next to me just looking at Gabe. Her father.

"Angel. You look so much like your mother. Come here." He says slowly.

She slowly walks towards him and he opens his arms.

He hugs her and she starts to cry.

"Angel, baby, don't cry, princess." He says.

"Why?" She says when she pulls away.

"Why did you leave her after she told you?" She continues.

"I... I was young and foolish, Angel. I was a drunk and a drug addict. Your mother was basically the one who handles the company." He says.

"Young? You were thirty two. How is that young?" She asks.

"I'm sorry, Angel. Believe me. If I could do it over again, I would do it. Your mother was married. One day, sh-" he starts.

"I know. She left me a note between the cushions of the sofa in her room. After finding out that her husband was a vampire, she divorced him. After the divorce, she had a one night stand with you. Nine months later, the mistake of you two's foolishness comes to life. My whole life I've been working my ass off trying to make you and her proud. I thought you were dead! Do you know how it feels like to be a parentless child?! Being bullied because you don't have a mother or father?! Starring in every school play and recital only to have your baby sitter show up?! No. You don't. So, I'm sorry, but, sorry won't do. It won't make up for the twenty three years I suffered without you and Mum. Only to find out you were alive and knew about me all along. You were too careless to even pay me a visit. TWENTY FUCKING THREE YEARS!" She says and storms away.

Wow. She was so angry that she swore.

I look at Gabriel and he's crying.

"Go after her. Go." He sobs.

I rush to find her in the car, crying.

I tap the window and she slowly looks at me and opens the door.

"Hey." I say softly and she wraps her arms around my neck as she continues to cry.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here." I say as I rub her back and take her out of the car.

I sit shot gun where she was sitting with her in my arms crying.

"I'm sorry." She says after a while, sniffling .

"What could you possibly be sorry for, Angel." I ask and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"I- you arranged this, then, I just lashed out like that. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't apologize. It's nothing, I had a feeling you'll react this way. Even if you didn't. Never apologize for your feelings and reactions, babe, ok?"

She slowly nods.

"Also, sorry for making your shirt wet." She says and touches my shoulder, making me feel the wetness of her tear stains.

"I don't mind, beautiful." I say.

She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"What did I ever do to deserve you, Damon?" She asks and hugs me tightly.

"I ask myself the same question every single day. How do I deserve you?" I say and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you." She says then kisses me.

I smile into the kiss as I start to kiss her back.

Her kisses are so intoxicatingly perfect.

She pulls away slowly and lays her head on my shoulder.

"Is there any possibility you could drive like this?" She asks, jokingly.

"Maybe." I say and kiss her forehead.

"You make me feel like a princess whenever you do that, Salvatore." She smiles.

"You're not a princess." I say in a serious tone.

She raises her head and looks at me weird.

"I'm not?" She asks.

"No. You're my queen." I say and she instantly smiles.

"I actually thought you were serious, Salvatore." She giggles.

I smile and kiss the top of her nose before opening the door, still her in my arms, and get out.

"What are you doing?" She asks when I get out and close the door.

"You asked me a question. Your wish is my command." I say as I adjust her so I'm carrying her bridal style.

"You're not gonna-"

"Oh yes I will." I say and she starts giggling.

When I reach my door, I look up to find Gabriel watching us with a smile from the window.

I kiss her forehead and get in the car.

I sit in and adjust the seat.

"How are you going to drive like that?" She asks.

"I don't quite now. But, I'll do it. Just, keep your head on my shoulder." I say.

"Gladly." She smiles and lays her head on my shoulder and I start the car.

For some reason, I can actually drive like that.

After about half an hour, I feel a soft, tender kiss on my neck that makes me hit the brakes so fast, it's a wonder we didn't flip over.

"Wow. Didn't know it would affect you that bad." She says.

"I miss you." I say.

"I'm right here." She says.

"I know. You drive me crazy, Simms." I say and she sits up.

I cup her face and kiss her.

Man, this girl has got me whipped.