Chapter 12

(Angel's POV)

A week.

I've been ignoring him for a week. And it's been a very long week. A hell of a week.

I just feel so attached to him, I want to hold on to him and never let go.

I fell in love with him. I don't know how but I am for sure guaranteeing that it isn't just an infatuation. I fell for him so quickly. What is it about him that made me fall?

I drop my bag next to the desk and lay on my bed.

I hear a door slam and it makes me jump.

"SERIOUSLY STEFAN!" I hear Damon's voice boom from the wall.

I take a deep breath.

I want to speak to him.

"Hey, Salvatore, can you hear me?" I ask.

I then hear shuffling as I stick my ear to the wall.

"I'm a vampire, of course I can hear you, can you hear me?" He asks.

"Yeah, I can."

"Have you, uhm, made up your mind yet?"

"I can't do this anymore." I say as a tear escapes from my eye.

A few seconds of silence go on as my tears continue.

"You still there?" I sniffle.

"Yeah. Please stop crying." He says.

"Life isn't fair."

"I know, honey, I know. I've been living it for 175 years now."

"Why were you mad at Stefan when you came?" I sniffle.

"He wouldn't give me a blood sample. He's just being selfish and still denying everything."

I continue crying as memories of mom and stories about mom and dad from Delilah go through my mind.

I bring my knees up to my face and lay my forehead on them and close my eyes.

"Assuming I'm your uncle, an uncle can comfort his niece normally, right?" I hear Damon's voice.

He sounds close. I open my eyes to find him crouching down next to me with a hurt expression.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes.

"Even when you're crying, you're gorgeous. How is that even possible?" He asks and extends his hand after standing up.

I give him a small pained smile and take his hand, standing up.

He then pulls me in for a tight hug. I wrap my arms around him and hug him back. My tears come back as he runs his hand along my spine.

We stay like that for a while then I pull back, finally ending my tears.

I sit on the bed and he sits on the sofa across of it.

"How was your week?" He asks.

"Boring. Horrible. Bad. And the list goes on and on and on. Yours?" I sigh.

"Boring, except for the fights." He says.

"How were you the only one who noticed?" I ask.

He hums in response.

"This week I've said that I'm fine 245 times, but I never meant it once, yet nobody noticed but you."

"Maybe, because I was with you while it happened."

"Maybe. It's just... For the last 23 years my life has been lonely. I was the only girl in school who her father wouldn't pick her up from school. The mean girls would always tease me about not having a father. Then, starting 2nd grade, they'd taunt me about not having either of my parents. I've lived with it my whole life. Can you imagine what it feels like not to have either of your parents at your graduation, or any of your plays, or any of your school events, even where I got certificates and awards. Then, finding out that my father's been alive all these years. Lying to my mom, faking his death, not bothering to ask about me or her. I-It's just too much. Why am I crying? I'm so sick of crying." I say and wipe my tears.