16

"You need to calm down" Tsunade said trying to calm Sakura and Ino down. "I'm just worried, what if something happens, what if something goes wrong" Sakura said pacing back and forth. Ino had sat down but was taping her foot fast.

"We have to believe in Kurama" Kakashi said his face had gotten healthier and he seemed like his old self again except for the bags under his eye. "I'm back" said Sasuke as he came into the room. "How was she?" Ino asked standing up rather quickly.

"I don't like the way she's looking, her father tries to at least give her a meal a day and water but she nearly eats enough to stay alive." Sasuke said remembering the skinny half dead Hinata that laid in her bed looking like the life she had was taken away from her.

They all loomed down silence falling upon them. They all looked towards the door as a knock came from the other side. "Come in" Tsunade said moving around in her chair. A green haired girl walked in. "Excuse us" Kakashi said as he was about to exit.

"Don't leave, this involves you as well" said a male like voice. "I am the seven tails Chōmei, this is Fuu my vessel and I am here to brief you on what happened" he said speaking through Fuu getting everyone's attention.

-

Naruto's pov.

This is where I used to live? I wish I could remember it, but why does this place look so sad and gray? I shrugged it off and pulled my hood up a bit. The clone said it was best to not cause a commotion until the Hokage can explain everything to the villagers.

I walked around the village seeing the faces of the villagers trying to remember something, anything. Nothing looked familiar to me, not the people nor the places. I sat down near a tree and looked at the scroll. "I wish I could remember you. You must have been really really important to me become it hurts right here" I clutched my chest.

"I wish I could remember" I looked down ashamed that I couldn't even remember the person who sacrificed himself for me. "4,7,3 why is the only thing I remember numbers?" I sighed and looked up at the sky. It was already dark, the sky looked pretty.

Crunch...

I looked to my side to see a girl around my age ,probably, walking lazily. She stumbled over herself not having any balance at all. "Naruto-kun... Naruto-" she repeated over and over again. 'I wonder who this Naruto is, maybe he dumped her or something' my body moved on it's own as I saw her fall.

I leaned her on the tree and searched for a pulse. "Oh... She's just asleep what a relief" I sighed and looked at her. She was skinny bags surrounded her eyes. Her black bluish hair laid on her head in a tangled mess. She wore silver pajamas and was barefoot.

I sighed for the hundredth time that day and leaned against the tree next to her.  "Naruto" she said in a whisper as she slid down and landed on my shoulder "please...come back... "her voice was lazy and groggy but sounded so beautiful to me. It was like I'd heard it before, it made me happy.
I smiled for the first time and leaned my head against hers.

-

"So Kurama... d-died...?" Ino asked with a shaky voice. Chōmei nodded through Fuu. "What about Naruto? How has he been holding up?" Tsunade asked. "Actually he can't-" before Chōmei could finish explaining he vanished with a puff.

"Looks like something might have happened to the original" Tsunade said. No one said anything until Sasuke broke the silence "Are we just gonna stand here or go see our yellow haired idiot?" Sasuke smiled for the first time for a while.

"I'd want nothing more" Kakashi said as they all practically ran out the door and started to search for the one and only dobe they had.

"Oh my..." Sakura stopped making everyone bump into each other. "What-? I-is that... Hinata?" Ino asked looking over Sakura's shoulder. "Yeah but who's the person next to her?" Shizune asked from behind Tsunade.

Sasuke got closer to them as carefully as possible. He stretched out a hand and reached for the hood only for it to be grabbed. Sasuke was twisted around lying on his stomach with hooded man on his back holding his arm in a lock.

"Who are you?!" he asked.  "T-that voice..." Tsunade let out but before she could say anything else the man was thrown off Sasuke. Sasuke got up and pushed Sakura away from them man and pulled down his hood.

It was as if time stopped, everyone held their breaths and looked at him. They found him, they found the color that was missing from the rainbow. Sasuke smiled "Naruto!" he seemed pulling him into a teary hug. The rest joined in hugging the life he just got back out if him.

They all let him go and turned to see Hinata who had gasped. Her eyes filled with glossy tears and she crawled on the ground towards Naruto. "Is it- really you, Naruto-kun?" Hinata didn't even have to ask. His face his eyes they all seemed to shine so beautifully in the moonlight.

"It is you! I missed you so much! Don't ever leave me again" Hinata sobbed as she threw herself around Naruto. "We're so glad to have you back" Tsunade said chewing her lip to keep from sobbing. "Um, I'm glad you're happy but just who exactly are you guys anyway?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke laughed and smacked his shoulder "Quit the jokes Naruto" Naruto stared at them in fear and confusion. "Sasuke-kun... I think he really doesn't remember" Hinata's small horrified voice filled the air. This time the silence wasn't broken by a happy smile or tears of joy.

Nothing dared to move, not even the wind dared to blow. They all stared at their friend the one they would never ever forget but the one who had forgotten them.