Chapter Eleven: To Hate

Short chapter this time I'm afraid... Anyways, Ripplepool returned and is plotting...

Two cats stood guarding the camp throughout the night. Moonshine groomed her and Phoenixwing's pelts into the warm Greenleaf night air. His scent flooded her nostrils as his warmth melted over her. Moonshine gazed up into his sparkling blue eyes. They reflected her love for him at her.

We are destined together, he would do anything for me. And I would do the same thought Moonshine.

A rusty meow interrupted them from the entrance of the dirt place.

"You two need to be watching the entrance not each other!" Purdy pointed out to them grumpily. Moonshine blushed and Phoenixwing looked around nervously.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone, just don't let me catch you off guard again." With that, the elder turned and flicked his tail as he padded away towards the elder's den.

The next night, the warrior den was filled with the sound of slumbering cats, Phoenixwing and Moonshine curled up side by side. Ripplepool, however, was in an entirely different place.

Ripplepool looked around in the dark.

"Darkstripe, are you there?"

"Always." She spun around to see the old silver tabby glaring at her from a rock. He jumped down.

"It is time," he rasped, "for you to have revenge on Moonshine. She has taken away your brother, infatuated him. These past few moons we have built on your anger. The legacy of Tigerstar, a brave and noble leader, lives on. We must eliminate all Firestar's remaining relatives, starting with Moonshine. Except yourself of course, you show makings of a true warrior. A true leader!" Ripplepool nodded eagerly, already wishing for the taste of battle.

"What must I do, Darkstripe."

"Come, we have much to discuss." Together the two cats padded into the wood, shrouded fog, and dismal, darkened night.

Ripplepool reported her progress from her trip.

"Bloodclan is waiting at the foot of the mountains. They were easy to persuade. They still long for revenge after Firestar killed their old leader... Sour? He sounded small and weak."

"Scourge?" Darkstripe said, surprised.

"He was a very strong leader. He was the one who killed Tigerstar originally."

"What!? Then why are we trusting the flea-bitten traitors?"

"We need the numbers..."

A lean tom and a she-cat approached from the north, heading towards Ripplepool and Darkstripe.

"At last! Why are they late?" Ripplepool snapped. Darkstripe ignored her.

"Skyfall! Ambereyes! Welcome again."

"Our pleasure." Ambereyes dipped her head.

"Are we all set for tomorrow?" Skyfall asked, getting straight to the point.

"Of course. Let us talk of battle plans,"

As they walked through blackness Ripplepool remembered; she remembered the hatred she had felt when she watched Moonshine and Phoenixwing happily staring into each others eyes. Yuck. This much happiness between her litter mate and those Tigerstar-killing-kin made her sick to her core. A shiver rippled up her spine. Firestar wiped out the best leader that ever lived! Tigerstar. All his relatives must pay. Then I could rule the clans. Every single one of them. How could he like such a mangy piece of crowfood? They deserve to be thrown into the Dark Forest. They shall pay; the lot of them!

"Tomorrow, let there be a new dawn!" Ripplepool meowed as she departed into the waking world.