Work

I woke up to the sound of construction taking place outside of the building. I sat up and rubbed my eyes filled with sleep. I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my awry hair and brushed my teeth. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a yogurt, I ate it real fast and got dressed. I grabbed my car keys and bag. I decided to do some shopping. I walked out of my apartment and locked the door. I waked down to my mailbox and there he stood going through his own mail. His mailbox was right next to mine so there was no way to avoid him unless I left. I trudged to the mailbox and his gaze fell upon me.
"Move." I said because he blocked my mailbox.
"Ask nicer." He said smirking. God what and asshole.
"No." I said trying to push him out of my way. It was no use, he was a brick wall.
"Raj." He said putting out his hand.
"Not interested." I said slapping his hand away.
"Raj." He said putting his hand back up. He wasn't going to move unless I said it nicely or shook his hand. So I shook his hand. He lowered his hand but still didn't move... What the hell did this guy want from me?!
"Tumhaara naam kya hai? (What's your name?)" he said smirking. How the hell did he know I spoke Hindi? I needed my mail and I needed to get away from him. Instead of fighting with him I just simply told him my name.
"Meera." He moved. Finally. I grabbed my mail and darted out of there as quick as I could. I ran to my car and hopped in. I drove to the mall and walked around for 3 hours. I bought a bunch of new clothes. I was satisfied and decided to leave the mall. I got in my car and drove home, I jumped out of my car and grabbed my bags. I walked inside and went upstairs. Of course Raj was wandering around the hallway. He saw me and an evil grin appeared in his face.
"Did some shopping." He said walking towards me. What's was wrong with him?
"Yeah I did, now move." I said trying to get past him.
"Nah, ask nicely." He said crossing his arms.
"Ask nicely my foot." I said as I walked right into his chest. I forgot he was a brick wall. I stepped back and he smirked.
"Move." I said once more.
"Make me." He said stepping closer to me. So I did, in a nanosecond the back of my hand went across his face and he turned the other way. I took this chance to run, it worked! I got into my apartment and dropped my bags. I slouched against the door. I took a deep breath in and picked my bags back up and placed them in the bedroom. I walked out and went to the living room where I laid down on my stomach like a teen would. I started scrolling through my phone and liking pictures on Instagram. Then my mom called me.
"Hi honey" she said unsure down the phone
"Hey mom" I said flipping over on my back.
"Come over for dinner tonight." She said excitedly down the phone. Really? I just moved out, give me some space! That's the reason I moved out, my mom was to clingy!
"Can't mom, I have dinner plans with Gina." I lied and she sighed into the phone.
"Please?" She pleaded
"Sorry mom, not tonight" I said before she hung up. I got up from the sofa and walked to the fridge, I pulled out an apple and washed it. I took a bite and loved the sweet taste. I walked to the bedroom and jumped in bed. I put the tv on and started watching My best friends wedding, I loved this movie!!! As I watched the movie my eyes got heavy. Next thing I knew I was sleeping. What felt like seconds, was actually hours. I woke up around 4:30 am and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. It was still dark outside and I decided to take advantage of being up so early and take a shower. I finished my shower at 5:50 and threw on a pencil skirt and a flowy blouse topped of with heels. I went to the kitchen and had a bowl of cereal. I packed my work papers and grabbed my bag. I left the house at 6:30. I drove a half hour and reached work. The day passed by and I could finally go home. I jumped in my car and drove home, I parked my car and walked inside. Raj was standing in the hallway, again. This time he didn't block me or didn't say anything but gave me a glare. That slap really did him good. Yet... I Kinda felt bad, I shook those feelings away and entered my home. I dropped my bag on the counter and slipped off my heels. I shuffled to my bedroom and fell onto the bed. My eyes closed and darkness filled my sight.