Leaving with Regrets

•Dans POV•

Im sitting at my computer looking at pictures of dogs, as one does, when I feel a sudden vibration coming from my pocket. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. I stare confusedly at my screen as I don't recognize the number. I shrug my shoulders and reject the call. I place it down on my desk in front of me and continue my dog searching. I have come to the conclusion that I love Shiba Inu's, mainly for the doge meme, and when I move out I'm definitely planning on getting one. Or maybe since Christmas is coming up I could get one for Phil? I know he also loves dogs and I think it would help him a lot having a cute little buddy by his side when I'm not around. And plus, I want to make his first Christmas the best Christmas and getting a dog would be the most memorable. I would have to talk to his dad first to make sure it's alright to get him one though but I'm sure he would be okay with it. I smile to the thought of it.

Suddenly my phone goes off again. I pick it up and it's the same number. I swing around in my chair and I answer it this time. "Hello?" I greet, quite confused on whoever could be on the other end.

"Oh thank you for picking up." I hear a familiar voice.

"Mr. Lester, is that you?"

"Yes it's Phil's father." He informs. My eyes widen. "I know this is weird and it took me a while to find your number but, I need your help." He asks.

Help? Oh god. Please don't be something bad with Phil

I sit up straight in my chair. "Wha- what is it?" I nervously ask.

"It's Phil." He says, making my stomach instantly drop. I knew it. "I walked passed the bathroom and I overheard him crying to himself. I tried to get him out but he refused and I don't know what to do. I- I'm not used to caring for him." He says. My heart stops for a second.

Crying in the bathroom? He better not be doing what I think he's doing

"Ill be right there." I say before hanging up. Not even giving it a second thought as I stand up and I run out of my room. I hop down the stairs and to the front door. As I'm putting on my shoes my mum appears from the kitchen.

"Dan honey, what's wrong?" She asks, clearly seeing the panic I'm in.

"No time to explain." I say as I stand up and grab my keys. I open the front door, not even bothering putting on a coat as I race over to my car. "Please Phil, don't do it." I say to myself before opening my car door and getting in. I could feel my heart beating at a non normal pace as I turn the key and wait for my car to warm up. Once it's warm enough I back out of the drive way and I head straight for Phil's house. My hands started to shake as I drive faster.

I finally arrive and quickly park my car in front of Phil's house. I step out and see Phil's dad stood at the front door. "Is he still in there?" I ask as I run up to him. He nods his head and opens the door more to allow me in. I walk in and I run up the stairs. I slow down as I make it to the top and quietly turn towards the bathroom. I press my ear against the door and listen closely to hear what he could be doing. I don't hear any crying, which could be a good thing or could be a bad thing I'm not sure yet. All I know is that there is one thing Phil would do if he is feeling deep pain at the moment and the fact that he's in the bathroom terrifies me. I listen closely as I hear some shuffling. I then hear something drop to the ground, followed by him stomping and something breaking. A wait a few seconds as everything is silent, besides him sniffling a little bit. I then quickly open the door,  exposing Phil standing there holding a blade with his right sleeve pulled up. A sudden gasp escapes me as I felt my stomach drop even more. Phil immediately drops the blade and stares at me, his eyes a deep red.