You dont understand

Phil's POV•

I spent the entire class thinking about what it would be like to actually have a friend. I've never had a friend before so this is very new to me. The bell suddenly goes off which knocks me back into reality. Everyone starts packing there bags since class is over. I stand up as I pack mine as well. I freeze when Shane and Joey make there way over to me. They stand there and wait for everyone to leave the room. When everyone has left, including the teacher, they turn to me.

"How's our little fag doing?" Shane asks while messing up my hair with his hand. I push his hand away.

"Leave me alone." I stand up for myself. Dan stands there with his back turned while packing up his stuff and not saying anything. Somewhere deep down inside I wanted him to stick up for me, but that's a little farfetched.

"Oooh getting all tough for your boyfriend now huh?" Shane jokes around while pushing me so I trip and fall back into my seat. Dan turns around quickly and swings his backpack over his shoulder.

"Boyfriend?" Dan asks. Shane turns to him.

"I saw the way you kept looking at him. Not that there is much to look at. Just an ugly waste of space." Shane comments. I shake my head as that familiar pain in my heart stings at me with everything Shane says I look up at Dan, hoping he would say something but all he had was a look of disgust on his face.

"I'm not his boyfriend." Dan denies, which makes Shane chuckles. "I'm not." Dan raises his voice. "I would never date this pathetic loser." He adds, making my heart drop to the floor. I knew it. I just knew it. I felt my eyes start to sting as Shane smiles at Dan.

"Oh feisty. I like you. You should sit with us at lunch." He invites. Dan does a half smile and nods his head. Shane turns away from me and walks out the classroom with Joey following. I stare down at the ground as I realize it's just Dan and I in the room. I don't even look up as I grab my backpack and race out of the classroom. My heart aching to what Dan said. Even Dan hates me and Shane has now Invited him to lunch. I knew it wouldn't be long until he was popular. I shouldn't even be surprised really. Like did I really expect for him to choose me over popularity? Unlikely

I walk speed walk to my next class, trying very hard not to bump into anyone or any certain people. I pick up the pace once I see my room up a head. I quickly enter and take a sit in my original spot. As soon as I sit down and relax in my seat I felt my eyes start to waters. I shake my head and try hard not to cry, but my mind won't focus on anything but what Dan did. I hate how Dan said that. He said it without hesitation and to someone who isn't afraid to beat me to death. If he knew how broken I was then he would know that even the littlest words can hurt me. What I'm upset about the most is that I really could have had a connection with Dan. He could have been my first ever friend but of course Shane had to ruin my life once again. I guess it's better this way instead of Dan finding out of how messed up I am. I sigh and shake my head. All I want to do was go home, but I knew home wasn't safe either. I don't get why everyone hates me so much. I don't know what I did wrong. I place my head down on my desk as I'm tired of this. I'm tired of constantly getting picked on and getting treated like garbage. I don't even know Dan but I guess that's what hurts the most since he has no idea who I am yet still hurts me like everyone else. I don't know what came over me but I started crying.

No Phil. Stop crying. Stop being so weak and just breathe

I take deep breaths and try to stop crying once I hear people beginning to enter the room. I lift my head off the desk as I hear everyone start making there way into the classroom. I wipe my eyes and I look up and Dans standing in front of me. I flinch as I back down from him. I don't know why but I thought he was going to hit me, but instead he sits down beside me.

"Are you okay Phil?" Dan asks. I look away from him.

"Go away." I say. I really don't want to talk to him. He sits there staring at me. "I said go away." I repeat, raising my voice. Instantly I regret that as a few heads turn towards us, causing me to feel extremely uncomfortable. I freeze and tense up. Dan puts his hand up and I flinch again, but he doesn't hit me. Instead he puts his hand on my shoulder, making me look up at him.

"We'll talk after class." Dan plans. He takes his hand away and faces the front of the room.

He wants to talk to me after class? Why? Oh no, what if Shane asked him to say this and they both are going to hurt me?

I felt my body start to shake as I can't stop thinking of what Dan could do once class is over. Class hasn't even started yet I want it to end, but at the same time I want it to go on forever.

"I'm sorry Phil. I shouldn't have said what I said." Dan suddenly apologizes. My eyes widen. No one has ever apologized for hurting me before. Then again who would?

"You don't understand." I mumble. I look out of the corner of my eye and Dans giving me a strange look.

"Understand what?" He asks.

"You don't understand how much little things can hurt me." I repeat as I play with the cuffs of my sleeves. Dans eyes widen as he turns away.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes again. He doesn't get it. He doesn't understand anything about me. Know one understands.