23: Pack Sleepover Fun

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, whatever you say, sweetheart." Lydia nudges Malia in the ribs. Malia laughs along with her. I wonder if my eyes would be triggered if photos are taken with the flash on, now that I have my powers back. It would complicate a lot of things, but at least my dad was able to handle it, as he has probably had his photo taken many times in the years that we have been here. It gives me hope that if it ever comes to it, I would be able to handle photos with a flash as well. Suddenly, I hear someone knocking on the door again.

"That must be Scott. I'll go get it." I say before I rush out of the room. I open the door to find Scott standing there. I put on a fake pout and cross my arms over my chest. "You're five minutes late." I complain, trying to keep up my fake annoyed composure. Scott just laughs, seeing right through me.  "Oh no, it'll be the end of the world." He comments sarcastically as he walks into the house. I chuckle as I close the door behind me. Finally, everyone is here. Scott and I walk into the living room. Lydia and Malia are talking to each other on the sofa. From what I can hear, it's about math. "It's an important skill, Malia." Lydia insists.

"I don't see it that way." Malia shrugs. Scott and I exchange amused looks.

"Well, if you want a good job, you need to keep doing well at math." Lydia continues.

"Why do I need a good job?" Malia asks tiredly.

"To survive." Lydia states.

"Living as a coyote was so much easier." Malia sighs.

"Well, at least you're not on your own now." I point out, walking over to the girls. Malia smiles.

"Yeah, that is a good thing." She agrees.

"Besides, you don't have to do math forever. The better you do now, the quicker you get to leave it behind." Scott adds.

"I can't wait to leave it behind." Malia laughs.

"I second that." I add. Lydia rolls her eyes at us.

"I can't wait to see what your jobs will be, considering you both don't want to use math." Lydia teases. Ha, if only she knew what I was supposed to become. I shrug. "I guess we'll see." I reply. Just then, Liam, Isaac and Kira walk back into the room. "We ordered a pepperoni pizza, Hawaiian pizza and a cheese pizza. I hope that covers everyone." Kira says.

"Sounds good to me, I love any type of pizza." I laugh. Everyone else hums in agreement. Liam, Scott and Isaac make it onto the other sofa. Kira and I sit beside each other on the floor. "There's more room up here if you want it." Malia says, scooting over a little. I shake my head. "No thanks, I'm alright, Malia. Do you want to sit there, Kira?" I ask, turning to Kira. She shrugs. "I don't really mind sitting on the floor." Kira answers.

"So, what do you want to do?" Isaac asks.

"I don't know. Any ideas?" I put the question to the group.

"Oh, how about truth or dare?" Lydia suggests. I groan.

"Oh no. I hate that game." I comment, covering up my face with my hands. I hear a few chuckles.

"Why?" I hear Liam ask.

"Because I've had to do some stupid things before." I admit.